Page 5 of 6

Re: EU Tour France 2020

Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:06 pm
by leegav
Ok thanks mark. Just trying to plan stuff with work as I need to juggle some furlough with leave etc..

Re: EU Tour France 2020

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:33 pm
by greenwoo
watch this space guys, I expect to give you all an update on what options are available to us in the coming days, hopefully before the end of the weekend.

Re: EU Tour France 2020

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:30 pm
by SteveRST
If this is to be delayed until later in the year I noticed that the Tour De France has been postponed until September [Sat, 29 Aug 2020 – Sun, 20 Sep 2020].
I'm not sure if we even go near the Tour route but could be worth bearing in mind.

Re: EU Tour France 2020

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:08 am
by greenwoo
thx Steve, yep, i noticed that too, and had it in mind to check their route!

Re: EU Tour France 2020

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:37 am
by greenwoo
Right Big Update / Options

Clearly no one knows what will happen as the year progresses, but obvs this trip end of May is a No Go.

as it stands; we've paid 2 hotels in full, paid Dep for the campsite/cabins, and paid E/Tunnel in full. NONE of the accomm is refundable, and ETunnel will only issue a credit toward another date ( normally 12mths ahead of date of initial payment ).
I have agreed with campsite that they will offer us no loss of Dep for up to 1.5yrs.
Same with 1 Hotel
I have managed to persuade ET to give us option to travel until 12th June 2021
Final hotel - having a problem, can't get them to agree postponement past March 2021 - still arguing.

As i see it we collectively and individually have 3 choices, some of which will remain out of our immediate control due to the ongoing uncertainty of Covid/Travel/'what will happen' after the 1st waves of lockdown.

1/ Scrub this year and push the whole thing back to 2021, similar date ( 5th june depart)
2/ Plan as in '1' but with the idea that we consider doing the trip ( or a version of it ) in 1st week Sept this year.
3/ Scrub the 'group' trip, take your own control over ETunnel to use by June 2021 yourself.
(nb/ There may be small increases in cost of hotels/ET for 2021 due to likely price changes).

1+2, depend to a degree on what the majority want to do. For example, on a personal level, i'd be up for doing something 1st week Sept, BUT i'd still be expecting/hoping to do a trip in 2021 anyway at that time of year. I'd see option 2 as using ET, and using the 2 hotels for sure, and poss the Campsite is kind of numbers dependent.

How do things stand for each of us now?
If its option 1, then we need do nothing...we let things ride.
If its option 3, then i need to do some Calcs.
Broadly; ET/accomm paid out is a shade over £300 for singletons (Gary, George & lee-phil i need to check/hunt a missing excel sheet to know how things lie).

I guess for some there may be a 4th option, which would be to investigate claiming on your own prior/existing travel insurance and scrubbing yourself out completely.

I'd rather this thread doesn't lose focus, so if anyone has a specific issue, better to ping me a PM.

what i think we need is a little list in true SKCC style of preference toward the options suggested. Noting of course that planning anything with certainty over the next year or so could be 'interesting'.

Mark option 1+2 work.

Re: EU Tour France 2020

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:55 am
by Tony B
As we discussed M, I already have the last 2 weeks of August off (meant to be going to Thailand) so I’m not able to take extra time in September- plus even September at this stage is debatable

I def want a trip next year so my vote is postpone till 2021, sound like worst case scenario is we lose about £60 from one hotel

Tony B - option 1

Re: EU Tour France 2020

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:48 am
by kenton
Tony B - option 1
Kenton. Option 1



I already have a return tunnel crossing in voucher form so Mark if you do an additional Sept trip and it works with harvest etc I may join you.

Re: EU Tour France 2020

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:36 pm
by nelmo
Mark - option 1+2 work
Tony B - option 1
Kenton. Option 1
Neil H - option 1 :(

Re: EU Tour France 2020

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:50 pm
by TigCatE1
Mark - option 1+2 work
Tony B - option 1
Kenton. Option 1
Neil H - option 1 :(
George - Option 1
Adam - Option 1

Re: EU Tour France 2020

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:47 am
by SteveRST
Mark - option 1+2 work
Tony B - option 1
Kenton. Option 1
Neil H - option 1 :(
George - Option 1
Adam - Option 1
Steve - Option 2(+1 next year)