Re: EU Tour France 2022

Info on upcoming Runs will be posted here, members are also welcome to add details of any 'meets' within that sub-forum.

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

Re: EU Tour France 2022

Postby greenwoo » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:04 am

Sorry for the later than normal 'heads up', i decided not to post in Dec as didn't want the topic to get lost among Xmas 'crap'.

So this years trip will take place last weekend of May thru to the 1st weekend of June. Sat-Sat. It will be a E/Tunnel jaunt, timing etc available nearer the time, but an early start and back in Blighty around 6pm Sat eve.

The plan if i can pull it off, is to go to an area called Savine le Lac, its close to the Italian border midway 'down' the Alps. That area has been chosen as it would allow for 4 'round robins'.....and the plan is to rent 2 bed chalets, so would be a 'sharing' idea, unless anyone is coming with 'another'.
We travel as far down as we can on the Saturday, using a mix of M/Way and 'decent roads' but the aim is to make progress to get down country. After an overnight in a Hotel, we have a days drive to the Cabins where we'll have 5 nights....Friday we start to head home...again overnighting part way back.

The advantage the cabins will give ( and i have to say at this stage i havent been able to reserve as they wouldnt talk bookings til now, and course i now need numbers going) - is that at the end of the day we can chill with a drink or two, congregating at 'whichever' chalet/cabin and then wander of ( or not) for a bite to eat in the local Town. Town is a bit of an exaggeration, it is quite a small place, but there are various bars/eateries.

As ever the routes will be available in sta nav/itn format, and where possible the aim is a round robin of approx 200 miles. The last few years has seen longer improntu stops/coffees etc, but 200 or so normally means a start around 8, back around 6'ish. Folks don't have to follow the same route, all are welcome to go 'off piste' and explore/make their own days up.

Apart from the access to the round robins and awesome roads, i selected this place as it is stunning. There are 2 sites that i'm talking to, 1 has super posh chalets right on the beach - pricier, but the outlook is out of this world. Downside is that its about a 1 mile walk to the main eateries...so 20mins walk. The other site is about 400/450m from the lake side/eateries - and tbh, would i think be the better option.

Cost wise; for the accomm & etunnel it should come in around £550 with twin/dbles likely 680-700. Final tot up is normally March after the final Hotels have been sorted....(can't book those until the routes are 99% done).
FWIW - last year Toll Charges came to about £100, and mileage was about 1900/2000.

Because of the nature of the accomm, name down really will mean 'committed'...especially as both sites have v.limited amount of cabins/chalets! Which also means that I need to firm numbers up sooner rather than later.
so, as usual, stick your names below.....and just cut/paste the list portion to keep the thread tidy.
Whilst these tours started as 'Kit' based, recent years has seen folks bring other cars...which of course you are welcome to do, and while its intended as an SKCC based/members tour, if you want to bring a pal along or a pal wants to drive his own car...that can be doable. Keep the thread clean/tidy please, so any questions-points, just PM me.

1/ Mark

Rob E

Re: EU Tour France 2020

Postby Rob E » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:35 pm

Sorry for the later than normal 'heads up', i decided not to post in Dec as didn't want the topic to get lost among Xmas 'crap'.

So this years trip will take place last weekend of May thru to the 1st weekend of June. Sat-Sat. It will be a E/Tunnel jaunt, timing etc available nearer the time, but an early start and back in Blighty around 6pm Sat eve.

The plan if i can pull it off, is to go to an area called Savine le Lac, its close to the Italian border midway 'down' the Alps. That area has been chosen as it would allow for 4 'round robins'.....and the plan is to rent 2 bed chalets, so would be a 'sharing' idea, unless anyone is coming with 'another'.
We travel as far down as we can on the Saturday, using a mix of M/Way and 'decent roads' but the aim is to make progress to get down country. After an overnight in a Hotel, we have a days drive to the Cabins where we'll have 5 nights....Friday we start to head home...again overnighting part way back.

The advantage the cabins will give ( and i have to say at this stage i havent been able to reserve as they wouldnt talk bookings til now, and course i now need numbers going) - is that at the end of the day we can chill with a drink or two, congregating at 'whichever' chalet/cabin and then wander of ( or not) for a bite to eat in the local Town. Town is a bit of an exaggeration, it is quite a small place, but there are various bars/eateries.

As ever the routes will be available in sta nav/itn format, and where possible the aim is a round robin of approx 200 miles. The last few years has seen longer improntu stops/coffees etc, but 200 or so normally means a start around 8, back around 6'ish. Folks don't have to follow the same route, all are welcome to go 'off piste' and explore/make their own days up.

Apart from the access to the round robins and awesome roads, i selected this place as it is stunning. There are 2 sites that i'm talking to, 1 has super posh chalets right on the beach - pricier, but the outlook is out of this world. Downside is that its about a 1 mile walk to the main eateries...so 20mins walk. The other site is about 400/450m from the lake side/eateries - and tbh, would i think be the better option.

Cost wise; for the accomm & etunnel it should come in around £550 with twin/dbles likely 680-700. Final tot up is normally March after the final Hotels have been sorted....(can't book those until the routes are 99% done).
FWIW - last year Toll Charges came to about £100, and mileage was about 1900/2000.

Because of the nature of the accomm, name down really will mean 'committed'...especially as both sites have v.limited amount of cabins/chalets! Which also means that I need to firm numbers up sooner rather than later.
so, as usual, stick your names below.....and just cut/paste the list portion to keep the thread tidy.
Whilst these tours started as 'Kit' based, recent years has seen folks bring other cars...which of course you are welcome to do, and while its intended as an SKCC based/members tour, if you want to bring a pal along or a pal wants to drive his own car...that can be doable. Keep the thread clean/tidy please, so any questions-points, just PM me.

1/ Mark
2/rob e
Absofu?@inglutely

Orange Peel

SteveRST

Postby SteveRST » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:13 pm

1/ Mark
2/rob e
3' Steve RST
Westfield Zetec turbo & Westfield Megabusa turbo

Phil N

Postby Phil N » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:12 pm

1/ Mark
2/rob e
3' Steve RST
4- phil n
9 is more than a number

locost220

Postby locost220 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:13 pm

1/ Mark
2/rob e
3' Steve RST
4- phil n
5/ Rich
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

kenton

Postby kenton » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:38 pm

1/ Mark
2/rob e
3' Steve RST
4- phil n
5/ Rich
6. Kenton

Tony B