Remembrance Day Run / Meet 10th Nov

Info on upcoming Runs will be posted here, members are also welcome to add details of any 'meets' within that sub-forum.

Moderator: Contaminated

Tony666

Re: Remembrance Day Run / Meet 10th Nov

Postby Tony666 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:18 pm

It was my pleasure Matt to lay the wreath thank you for nominating me lol and thank you for arranging a run to the cafe I'm blaming the dodgy throttle cable you gave me lol

locost220

Postby locost220 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:22 pm

Tony666 wrote:It was my pleasure Matt to lay the wreath thank you for nominating me lol

Can we put you down for doing it every year then
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Tony C

Postby Tony C » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:26 pm

Thanks for arranging the wreath Mark, I won't dip as low as to mention you getting the Saab stuck in the mud......Good to catch up with everyone today. The service was poignant as ever, made even more so by the now regular warm welcome from the local families attending the service. Be good to show our respect in greater numbers next year.
Tiger Cat E1 - 2008-2009
Tiger R6 - 2009-2014
Austin Healey Sprite - 2014-2018
Fisher Fury Le Mans - 2018-2019

Tony666

Postby Tony666 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:30 pm

locost220 wrote:
Tony666 wrote:It was my pleasure Matt to lay the wreath thank you for nominating me lol

Can we put you down for doing it every year then

No problem I don't mind I'll do it

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:07 pm

Great to get out and see some friendly faces....
On the way to brekkie I heard a telling statistic which was that there are only 100 villages in the whole of the country which don't have a War Memorial (ergo that weren't affected by deaths after WW1).....one can only imagine the impact on small communities that were stripped of local characters.

By chance I arrived at the Chalet seconds after the others, so the banter started early.....and continued through brekkie with tales of a Fish Slice ( you'll have to ask Duncan when you see him).

Nice to know that folks were still expecting 'the Captain' to denote leaving times etc to allow us to rock up on time....which most of us did. @Tony, sorry matey, i thought you'd just got held up getting out of that junction, didn't realize that you had a car issue. ( Although the subsequent suggestion of using a clutch cable instead of a throttle cable seems to make sense :lol: )

On arrival at Stopham I thought i'd park considerately - leaving a nice dry space for the kits....wrong move. Once on the slightly sloping verge the Saab was going 1 way only, toward a hedgerow. Luckily Matt had a rope and 'Pa' towed me out ( sorry folks of Stopham for creating an unsightly rut in your pristine verge).

The welcome we received was as ever warm, and reminded me why we go to that particular place to commemorate. Time is taking it's toll on those that have served, but good to see many familiar faces - and how good of them to thank us for our attendance. A pity that numbers were a little thin from our side....I hope that next year we are back to full strength and give them a 'show', they do so appreciate it.

Guys, always a pleasure....

Kegco

Postby Kegco » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:10 pm

Thanks Tony for laying the wreath :D
ST170 Tiger cat E1
2.1 Tiger cat E1
Mini Rod73 (track toy)

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:25 pm

Well done guys for attending, gutted I missed it this year but the planets didn’t align with daughters birthday weekend and the fact that the cars still in dry dock....

I think this event is one I consider humble and grateful to attend to give respect for those folks that are responsible for allowing me to do what I want to do today. I popped along to my local memorial for today’s remembrance but will certainly be looking to be back at this village next year!

Return to “Group Events, Run Outs and Local Meets”