Rogue Runners UK ’19 is GO!

Info on upcoming Runs will be posted here, members are also welcome to add details of any 'meets' within that sub-forum.

Moderator: Contaminated

Fury1630

Re: Rogue Runners UK ’19 is GO!

Postby Fury1630 » Wed May 08, 2019 9:00 pm

With ten days to go I guess we should be getting organised.

Still no word from Davro & he hasn't read his PM or visited the forum since March, so I guess he's out - hope he's OK.

On the subject of being out, I was going to have to cancel myself as with the divorce & still having no job, spending £1k on a holiday was just daft, but fortunately my Dad has stepped in & underwritten it, so if I still can't find a job & the money runs out he'll give me the thousand back. He's a very nice Dad indeed :D Please join me in raising a glass to him each evening.

I'll call the Saturday final meet point / breakfast venue in Bourton (the Old Manse Hotel 01451 820082) tomorrow as we need to book a table.

Duncan has done sterling work checking & finishing off the routes, so I guess they'll be plopping into you inbox over the next week. Still no e-mail for Paul though, so he won't be getting them :)

On day three we need to Liaise with Matt who'll be setting off early to intercept us at the first coffee stop, what could possibly go wrong?

Each day is between 200 & 280 miles, so no marathon days this year, total route looks like this - although this is a little out of date, you'll get the gist:-
Whole Route Map.jpg

Night one Llanelli
Night two Llangollen
Nights three to six Northallerton
Night seven Holt in East Anglia. Bit of an odd one this as I've booked it, but there's no sign of it on StreetView. Maybe it's like Brigadoon, or the room of requirements at Hogwarts.

Each day has fuel stops at about 100 miles & a coffee stop or two, every day has a sheet of pace notes to ignore & the longer ones have prunable sections in case you're tired or it's lashing with rain. In a couple of places TYRE says you can't get along a road, but StreetView shows no problems. Both are noted in the pace notes, with alternatives, so we'll have to see what happens when we get there.

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Wed May 08, 2019 9:32 pm

I'll raise a glass to your Dad, and I'll buy you a few beers as thanks for all your hard work Tony :)

Edited to say..............I can't wait :mrgreen:

Fury1630 wrote:With ten days to go I guess we should be getting organised.

Still no word from Davro & he hasn't read his PM or visited the forum since March, so I guess he's out - hope he's OK.

On the subject of being out, I was going to have to cancel myself as with the divorce & still having no job, spending £1k on a holiday was just daft, but fortunately my Dad has stepped in & underwritten it, so if I still can't find a job & the money runs out he'll give me the thousand back. He's a very nice Dad indeed :D Please join me in raising a glass to him each evening.

I'll call the Saturday final meet point / breakfast venue in Bourton (the Old Manse Hotel 01451 820082) tomorrow as we need to book a table.

Duncan has done sterling work checking & finishing off the routes, so I guess they'll be plopping into you inbox over the next week. Still no e-mail for Paul though, so he won't be getting them :)

On day three we need to Liaise with Matt who'll be setting off early to intercept us at the first coffee stop, what could possibly go wrong?

Each day is between 200 & 280 miles, so no marathon days this year, total route looks like this - although this is a little out of date, you'll get the gist:-
Whole Route Map.jpg

Night one Llanelli
Night two Llangollen
Nights three to six Northallerton
Night seven Holt in East Anglia. Bit of an odd one this as I've booked it, but there's no sign of it on StreetView. Maybe it's like Brigadoon, or the room of requirements at Hogwarts.

Each day has fuel stops at about 100 miles & a coffee stop or two, every day has a sheet of pace notes to ignore & the longer ones have prunable sections in case you're tired or it's lashing with rain. In a couple of places TYRE says you can't get along a road, but StreetView shows no problems. Both are noted in the pace notes, with alternatives, so we'll have to see what happens when we get there.

Matth93

Postby Matth93 » Thu May 09, 2019 6:04 am

Really looking forward to the trip. Just got to finish getting the car ready

davehall

Postby davehall » Thu May 09, 2019 10:48 am

I’m really looking forward to this trip too. My first for three years. Much too long. Although only got one day to get everything ready - the day before we go! :shock:

Thanks Tony for pulling it all together. A few beers coming your way.
Westfield SEiW 1.8 Zetec, Jenveys, Omex

Red27

Postby Red27 » Fri May 10, 2019 10:06 am

Cheers to your Dad T!!!

As far as Paul is concerned, if I can have the routes by Monday, I'll make sure they are on his Satnav. Tiger is a little ondisposed right at the moment. Threw up all his coolant whilst on a trip around the Peaks a couple if weekends ago. Huge fatigue crack in one of hoses. Happens to us all. Got all new silicone stuff, Paul will be over on Monday evening to help effect a transplant hence the timing.

Looking forward to the trip, and the Pace Notes :D
Linda

"Gilles was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing" - Jody Scheckter

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Fri May 10, 2019 12:37 pm

The routes & notes have been sent, please remember to modify Day 8 to take you to YOUR home - my home isn't a nice place to visit at the moment :evil:

locost220

Postby locost220 » Fri May 10, 2019 3:24 pm

Looks like a cracking set of routes.
Rich.
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Fri May 10, 2019 4:01 pm

locost220 wrote:Looks like a cracking set of routes.
Rich.

Come with us! You've got a week to get that car finished :D

Red27

Postby Red27 » Tue May 14, 2019 9:51 am

Peeps, Paul informed me last night that he is not coming. He's waiting on a back operation, and driving for a couple at hours at warp factor 9 is currently the limit. So several days longer than that is not possible.

I don't think that causes a problem as he tells me he had stuck to his camping plan and hadn't asked Tony to book rooms. But I'll check direct with Tony.
Linda

"Gilles was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing" - Jody Scheckter

Matth93

Postby Matth93 » Tue May 14, 2019 1:31 pm

Sorry to hear Paul’s not coming I hope he’s feeling better soon.
I’ve just made a new exhaust system up as mine started rattling like mad on Sunday it seems like the pipe into the silencer is broken inside and I didn’t want to risk the hassle of it breaking.
7F834138-D93F-4C64-87ED-4B5307F464C3.jpeg

Polishing the stainless steel pipe will have to wait till after the trip

Return to “Group Events, Run Outs and Local Meets”