French Weekend (22/23 Sep)

Info on upcoming Runs will be posted here, members are also welcome to add details of any 'meets' within that sub-forum.

Moderator: Contaminated

David T

Re: French Weekend (22/23 Sep)

Postby David T » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:24 am

I've been a bit rubbish getting back to this thread. Was too tired on Sunday night and then into a busy work week.

Thanks James for the write-up. The trip was not quite what we had planned, but including the Friday night pre-tunnel stop, I think a good time was had by all.

What was supposed to be a mostly driving weekend, turned out to mostly be a gastro tour! Short runs in the monsson between very nice meals and beer/wine. I'm not complaining it made a great weekend. Having the nice hotel with restaurant and bar on-site helped a lot.

Should have known that you can get very wet in late Sept. We had the same leftovers form an American hurricane when returning from the Rallye in 2012 ( https://youtu.be/5sKHeMxDmO8?t=9m33s )

Aside from the good food, company and banter, highlights for me were:

1. The car running well all weekend after the re-build.
2. Industrial grade heated towel rail for drying clothes!
3. Somebody in the Eurotunnel queue asking if we were doing it for charity and did we have a JustGiving page! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm up for a French weekend early next year. Perhaps March might still be a bit early. Maybe April, but avoiding Easter weekend, whenever that is.

Fury1630

Re: French Weekend (22/23 Sep)

Postby Fury1630 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:28 pm

David T wrote:3. Somebody in the Eurotunnel queue asking if we were doing it for charity and did we have a JustGiving page! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now there's a plan - I'd like some new wheels! :D

Return to “Group Events, Run Outs and Local Meets”