French Weekend (22/23 Sep)

Info on upcoming Runs will be posted here, members are also welcome to add details of any 'meets' within that sub-forum.

Moderator: Contaminated

Fury1630

Re: French Weekend (22/23 Sep)

Postby Fury1630 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:04 pm

I was just looking at the hotel's website through Google translate, there's a bar with a bar menu - sounds like it might get a bit "wild west" though... "In summer, do not hesitate to land on one of the tables of the terrace...."

There's also a posh restaurant with a number of menu choices I found this among the fish options..

Hake - Back of hake with mozzarella, minestrone with pesto and his rats of Touquet.

Not sure Google translate works terribly well with menus :lol:

There is a spa / Jacuzzi, but it suggests you need to book it through reception, the translation's not very clear on this point, it says it's for hotel guests but is not private.

It also says that "Sabine, a beautician and cosmetician, offers care, draining massages and cleansing skin to relax.

Is that like a "happy ending"? :oops:

Larkingabout

Postby Larkingabout » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:26 pm

All sounds very exciting, I can’t wait!!
James
The man in the Red Coat

David T

Postby David T » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:34 pm

100 test miles done today, so feel able to spend some time on the ITNs tomorrow.

steve m

Postby steve m » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:05 pm

"
It also says that "Sabine, a beautician and cosmetician, offers care, draining massages and cleansing skin to relax.

Is that like a "happy ending"? :oops:"

and your all going there with your Wives Girlfriends and Boyfriends ????

We should have a sweepstake on how many divorces in the club by Xmas 2018 ?
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:34 pm

steve m wrote:"and your all going there with your Wives Girlfriends and Boyfriends ????

They'll be in the spa / Jacuzzi ;)

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:17 am

Sorry chaps I'm out of this, my daughter's not well & my wife doesn't want to leave the country. We might use the hotel in Folkestone to have a visit to Kent, but going to France is out I'm afraid. :(

Crunchie Gears

Postby Crunchie Gears » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:28 am

Fury1630 wrote:Sorry chaps I'm out of this, my daughter's not well & my wife doesn't want to leave the country. We might use the hotel in Folkestone to have a visit to Kent, but going to France is out I'm afraid. :(

Sorry to hear that Tony :( I hope your daughter gets well soon.

robert

Postby robert » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:47 am

Crunchie Gears wrote:
Fury1630 wrote:Sorry chaps I'm out of this, my daughter's not well & my wife doesn't want to leave the country. We might use the hotel in Folkestone to have a visit to Kent, but going to France is out I'm afraid. :(

Sorry to hear that Tony :( I hope your daughter gets well soon.

As per what Paul said.. Sorry to hear that. I Hope your daughter feels better soon.
Robert

nelmo

Postby nelmo » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:08 pm

nelmo wrote:Gents, really sorry but I'm going to have to pull out.

My engine is currently in bits in my garage awaiting a set of stretch bolts that Ford can't get me until Tuesday, if I'm lucky. Then I've got to put it all back together, hope I haven't forgotten anything and hope I've not screwed up the timing when i put the cams back in (this is all new to me - very scary).

I was thinking of just coming in the tintop but it's not the same and I need all the time I can get to get the car ready for the handling day on Oct 5th - I'm not missing that as well!

Sincere apologies, we were really looking forward to this trip, it's exactly what i built my car for :(

Have a great time, lots of pictures and, as the French say, 'a votre sante'!

If I'm very lucky, I might still make it...bolts arrived on time, sump goes on tonight but have to wait at least 24 hours for sealant to dry. Then timing and Thursday or Friday evening startup and test drive...if OK then, any problem with me just turning up on Saturday morning (I still have my eurotunnel booking)?

I know David has cancelled my hotel room but hopefully, they'll still have availability if I just turn up at their door?

Unfortunately, my wife won't be able to come as I had to cancel the babysitters (in-laws) and they aren't free now...but she's not as keen as me anyway, so she doesn't mind.

David T

Postby David T » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:13 pm

Great if you can still come. I've not cancelled Tony's room yet so if he has not cancelled directly I assume the name can be changed. But I would need the money today (non refundable deadline) or you can try with the hotel direct before or on Sat. Beware though they may not have availability on the day or might charge you more (or less).

Return to “Group Events, Run Outs and Local Meets”