North Weald Handling Day - Oct 5th

Info on upcoming Runs will be posted here, members are also welcome to add details of any 'meets' within that sub-forum.

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

North Weald Handling Day - Oct 5th

Postby greenwoo » Thu May 24, 2018 10:36 pm

Guys, payment time....£72 per car, extra driver =£10, ping me a PM for pay details please

As usual, our annual handling day.....for newbies - its a day on part of an old runway nr Harlow. 1 car on circuit at any time, they time it (ish) if you're interested in that, otherwise its a chance to see what your car can do before it or you spin out. We have 2-3 layouts, coned sprint type circuits through the day and its exclusively booked for us...we normally limit the number attending to approx 16. So the first 16 names down get a place, on the simple premise that name down means committment - once the list hits 16, PM me and i will run a reserve list. Cost will be verified over the next month or so, but likely to be £70, that will be payable upfront!
Day starts at 9 and finishes around 4.30 with an hrs break for lunch.

1/ Mark

Nash

Re: North Weald Handling Day - Oct 5th

Postby Nash » Thu May 24, 2018 11:19 pm

As usual, our annual handling day.....for newbies - its a day on part of an old runway nr Harlow. 1 car on circuit at any time, they time it (ish) if you're interested in that, otherwise its a chance to see what your car can do before it or you spin out. We have 2-3 layouts, coned sprint type circuits through the day and its exclusively booked for us...we normally limit the number attending to approx 16. So the first 16 names down get a place, on the simple premise that name down means committment - once the list hits 16, PM me and i will run a reserve list. Cost will be verified over the next month or so, but likely to be £70, that will be payable upfront!

1/ Mark
2/ Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

David T

Postby David T » Fri May 25, 2018 6:04 am

1/ Mark
2/ Neil
3/ David T

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Fri May 25, 2018 6:13 am

1/ Mark
2/ Neil
3/ David T
4/ Tony Bee

SteveRST

Postby SteveRST » Fri May 25, 2018 10:37 am

As expected when you allow new houses to be build next to an airfield :roll:
We now have a noise restriction. All vehicles operating at the Site must pass a static noise test of 105dBA before they are allowed to participate on Activity Days. The static test will be measured at 0.5m from the exhaust at 45 degree angle from the exhaust with the vehicle at 3/4 maximum engine revs. Should the car be unable to rev at 3/4 maximum revs, the vehicle will be subject to an additional drive by test (92dBA limits measured at 50m) driven by a CarLimits instructor before being permitted to be used on site.
No vehicle measured or suspected of exceeding the noise limits will be permitted to operate unless rectified and retested to be shown to be within the noise limits. No refund will be granted to any vehicles failing the noise limit.

1/ Mark
2/ Neil
3/ David T
4/ Tony Bee
5/ SteveRST
Westfield Zetec turbo & Westfield Megabusa turbo

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Fri May 25, 2018 12:22 pm

We now have a noise restriction. All vehicles operating at the Site must pass a static noise test of 105dBA before they are allowed to participate on Activity Days. The static test will be measured at 0.5m from the exhaust at 45 degree angle from the exhaust with the vehicle at 3/4 maximum engine revs. Should the car be unable to rev at 3/4 maximum revs, the vehicle will be subject to an additional drive by test (92dBA limits measured at 50m) driven by a CarLimits instructor before being permitted to be used on site.
No vehicle measured or suspected of exceeding the noise limits will be permitted to operate unless rectified and retested to be shown to be within the noise limits. No refund will be granted to any vehicles failing the noise limit.

1/ Mark
2/ Neil
3/ David T
4/ Tony Bee
5/ SteveRST
6/ Duncan
7/

locost220

Postby locost220 » Fri May 25, 2018 12:50 pm

1/ Mark
2/ Neil
3/ David T
4/ Tony Bee
5/ SteveRST
6/ Duncan
7/Richard
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

David T

Postby David T » Fri May 25, 2018 2:44 pm

Agree about airport development. That said, 105db is very generous. You need to worry about your own hearing at those levels.

1/ Mark
2/ Neil
3/ David T
4/ Tony Bee
5/ SteveRST
6/ Duncan
7/Richard

Matth93

Postby Matth93 » Fri May 25, 2018 3:38 pm

Agree about airport development. That said, 105db is very generous. You need to worry about your own hearing at those levels.

1/ Mark
2/ Neil
3/ David T
4/ Tony Bee
5/ SteveRST
6/ Duncan
7/Richard
8/ Matt H

sparkyj83

Postby sparkyj83 » Sat May 26, 2018 3:01 pm

I wouldn't worry to much he let my zx10 pass with the loud can on it .

1/ Mark
2/ Neil
3/ David T
4/ Tony Bee
5/ SteveRST
6/ Duncan
7/Richard
8/ Matt H
9/ sparkyj83

Return to “Group Events, Run Outs and Local Meets”