Rover 3.9 V8 spark plugs advice

Look in here for tips on buying a 'Kit', using Sat Nav, keeping your car in 'good nick' - and more......

Moderator: Contaminated

AshleyO

Rover 3.9 V8 spark plugs advice

Postby AshleyO » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:20 am

Does anyone have a recommendation on which ones to use? I can see a lot of writing on t'internet to go for standard NGK BP6ES, but open to suggestion.

Question 2. ANy recommendations as to whether there is any advantage in changing / upgrading the leads, and to what?

For a Dax Rush

THanks

b33fy

Re: Rover 3.9 V8 spark plugs advice

Postby b33fy » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:06 am

I use the standard plugs you mention which work fine.

No real recommendations on leads only to make sure they are in good condition and clipped away from the exhaust manifolds. I made my own up as I'm running coilpacks mounted at the front of the engine.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

kenton

Postby kenton » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:21 pm

I've got those on the Viento too. Standard leads from a motor factor but long enough to go from coilpacks at the front of the engine.
On the seight I've these plugs NGK 3546. Magnecor leads from the dizzy
kenton

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:55 pm

kenton wrote:I've got those on the Viento too. Standard leads from a motor factor but long enough to go from coilpacks at the front of the engine.
On the seight I've these plugs NGK 3546. Magnecor leads from the dizzy
kenton

I’ve a set of NGK as well for my new engine. I wouldn’t bother with the NGK Ashley, both Kenton and myself have them fitted to Merlin Heads. The metal body is narrower than standard with a smaller Hex size iirc to fit the heads I had to get a thin wall socket to fit them. They’re not really necessary in the rover heads.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

AshleyO

Postby AshleyO » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:54 pm

Cool. Thanks for that

Any specific lead type?

Return to “Useful Info - tips, tricks ....”