Advice on some clutch woes please!

Look in here for tips on buying a 'Kit', using Sat Nav, keeping your car in 'good nick' - and more......

Moderator: Contaminated

Flyingtiger

Re: Advice on some clutch woes please!

Postby Flyingtiger » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:37 pm

Fury1630 wrote:Looks good. For the MoT I've always taken kits (& all the family's other cars) to Silvester's on the Aldershot Road just outside Guildford. They are thorough - but sensible. Expect the MoT to last an hour & cost the full £55(?)

Thanks, managed to get booked in next day. They were really helpful, nice to be able to get under the ramp, sit in the car for the checks etc. Good to see the H&S police hadn't taken over!

There for nearly 2 hours though, had some problems with emissions and brake lights which they sorted (enough to pass :)) and didn't charge a bean over the MOT fee! it seemed to become their mission to pass the car :D. Made a donation for the beer fund instead. ;)

CO limit was 4.5%, ran at 5.2 which he said was way over for an ECU car. Turned the fuel pressure down to get through the MOT,now at 4.47 but not sure thats the correct fix, seems to splutter now if i push harder in a left turn. Need to do some more research on setting up as all new to me! car seemed to run fine but clearly over rich.
Tiger Supercat 2.0 Zetec.

Flyingtiger

Postby Flyingtiger » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:40 pm

martinq357 wrote:Hall Grove MOT opposite Longacres Garden centre just outside Bagshot on the A30 are really good and don't have any issue doing kit cars. Always taken my Cat there.

cheers for the heads up, another to add to the list for next time i forget! :)
Tiger Supercat 2.0 Zetec.

andyf

Postby andyf » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:51 pm

Flyingtiger wrote:
andyf wrote:Yateley MOT did the Marlin a couple of times without any issues

Thanks Andy, did try as they are local but they couldn't book in quick enough. My fault for missing the due date :( . will bear in mind next year!

work is manic atm but maybe we could grab an hour or 2 for a drive sometime?

I'd be up for that. Looks like there is some more nice weather on the way :D
MkII Marlin Roadster with Ford 2.0L Pinto and Type 9 gearbox. Going for the oily rag restoration look :-)

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:22 am

Flyingtiger wrote:Thanks, managed to get booked in next day. They were really helpful, nice to be able to get under the ramp, sit in the car for the checks etc. Good to see the H&S police hadn't taken over!

There for nearly 2 hours though, had some problems with emissions and brake lights which they sorted (enough to pass :)) and didn't charge a bean over the MOT fee! it seemed to become their mission to pass the car :D. Made a donation for the beer fund instead. ;)

CO limit was 4.5%, ran at 5.2 which he said was way over for an ECU car. Turned the fuel pressure down to get through the MOT,now at 4.47 but not sure thats the correct fix, seems to splutter now if i push harder in a left turn. Need to do some more research on setting up as all new to me! car seemed to run fine but clearly over rich.

They're good guys - a little like Snodhurst in that they are proper motor engineers, glad your experience was good.

If the car's spluttering in a left turn, that's not likely to be pressure related, sound's like there's air getting in the system at the pump end, is there any kind of swirl pot in the system? Does it still do it if the tank's topped up?

Return to “Useful Info - tips, tricks ....”