IVA. fittings

Look in here for tips on buying a 'Kit', using Sat Nav, keeping your car in 'good nick' - and more......

Moderator: Contaminated

teesquare100

IVA. fittings

Postby teesquare100 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:27 pm

can anyone tell me ,,, the spring clip type bonnet catch ... like a hook to pull it down,, are they acceptable for IVA ?? also ,,, do they mind less important items ,,, ie grill to a tiger being fixed to nose with cable ties. ??? ,, my grill should have bend over tangs ,, but they arnt there ..
cheers ,, bernie

Nash

Re: IVA. fittings

Postby Nash » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:03 pm

Bernie, don't believe the spring type catches are IVA friendly? Rubber ones are
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:09 pm

My Caterham passed IVA with the spring/hook design, but they had rubber covers. I think they went missing soon after IVA ,so I don't think I have any to lend you. I can have a look in the garage if you are interested.

Here's a link: http://caterhamparts.co.uk/product.php?id_product=1503

locost220

Postby locost220 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:20 pm

As far as the cable ties are concerned It will depend on the examiner and maybe even if he got lucky the night before.
In most cases they like to see items used for their original use and could consider that's not their intended use.
Rich.
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

teesquare100

Postby teesquare100 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:35 pm

DJ. wrote:My Caterham passed IVA with the spring/hook design, but they had rubber covers. I think they went missing soon after IVA ,so I don't think I have any to lend you. I can have a look in the garage if you are interested.

Here's a link: http://caterhamparts.co.uk/product.php?id_product=1503

Thanks Duncan
i think i might go and buy a set of the smoother looking ones, but thanks for the offer
cheers bernie

teesquare100

Postby teesquare100 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:38 pm

locost220 wrote:As far as the cable ties are concerned It will depend on the examiner and maybe even if he got lucky the night before.
In most cases they like to see items used for their original use and could consider that's not their intended use.
Rich.

i guess i need some kind of P clip to hold it in place,,,,,cable ties are used so much we forget what there realy for ..cheers bernie

Hammy

Postby Hammy » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:09 am

My car passed IVA in December and when I bought it I was shocked to see the amount of cable ties. Not that I think there is anything wrong with them, just that I had always thought the IVA guys were more strict. My grille passed with cable ties

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:24 pm

teesquare100 wrote:i guess i need some kind of P clip to hold it in place,,,,,cable ties are used so much we forget what there realy for ..cheers bernie

There shouldn't be an issue with cable ties holding a grille on, as long as there's enough & the "buckle" bit is on the inside

Return to “Useful Info - tips, tricks ....”