IVA i need some advice re build history

Look in here for tips on buying a 'Kit', using Sat Nav, keeping your car in 'good nick' - and more......

Moderator: Contaminated

teesquare100

IVA i need some advice re build history

Postby teesquare100 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:55 pm

Hi I am new on here,,i recently bought an allmost complete Tiger E1.
this vehicle hasnt had the IVA yet ,,the problem i have got (didnt know about this befor i bought car)
is that you have to have a build history , photos ,, stuff like that .. i dont have any.
I think what happend was the first builder started in 2003, when it was SVA ,,and maybe that info was not needed then.. so he got the car built i think to where it is (very niceley done too) then i undrstand he sadley passed away..some years on the guy i bought it off got it 18months back. didnt do any more work,
i should have the orriginal V5 for the donner car ( still waiting from DVLA)
has anyone got any good advice that might help me out here..i would be most great full
regards bernie

Nash

Re: IVA i need some advice re build history

Postby Nash » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:35 pm

Hi Bernie,
You need receipts and photographs predominately. The v5 in your name for the donor vehicle will help with the age related plate.

You may need to dismantle some things on the car to get photographs. The IVA people are interested in harness locations to ensure they are welded both sides. May be worth contacting Tiger to see if they have photos of the relevant points on the chassis.

The other key points are e marked components like lights and radius edging to remove sharp edges.

You can download the IVA manual from the locostbuilders site which will help you.

Keep asking Bernie. :D
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:36 pm

When I built my Caterham, all I had were a few pictures of me building the car. If you can show the car on axle stands with the wheels off, and some with the engine hanging from a crane, I think that would be enough.

If the major components all come from one donor and you can get a v5 with engine number etc, that should help a lot.

steve m

Postby steve m » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:14 pm

As said above, just some general pics of the car, undressed, that's the car not you !!
bonnet and nose off, wheels and front arches off, type of thing
or be very clever, you could find a similar car and engine etc on google pics, and manipulate the pics to make it look like yours

zoomed and cropped pics, of mechanicals, could be faked very easily

with all the above taken further, if I had bought a car with out SVA/IVA, or on the road,
I would of taken the whole thing apart and rebuilt it myself, and taken pics !!

problem solved, as even though the car may look good, you will never know how it had been put together earlier in its life

steve
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

teesquare100

Postby teesquare100 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:40 pm

well gents ,,, many thanks for your comments,,sounds like you all see it as not a huge problem,,maybe a few fake piccies,,,, as it happens i am making up some metalwork to support the seats (have tried new seats in the car ,, cant get them to fit) and create headrests (IVA),,i can take a lot of pics of whats there,, and i can chase up DVLA for my V5c for original car, there are a number of small bits of work to do ,,,electrics need sorting, wings to go on,,,IVA compliant trims etc..
thanks for the help,,, i will be back on here again ,,,
regards bernie

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:23 am

As far as I know the issue is that for IVA it has to be a "self built vehicle" so you're showing it's an individual vehicle, not a low volume one, as that would need a different test. So a folder of receipts for car parts & photos of you with it (don't forget to change clothes between photos ;) ) all give the impression that it was built by a person, not a company.

Richard

Postby Richard » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:56 am

Make sure you fill out the IVA 4 Amateur Built Declaration form - PM / e-mail me for copy of mine filled in - together with few photos as above. I had about 6 photos. Also for registration, you need V55/5 and V627/1 forms. Again I have examples although they have slightly changed but content is same.
Richard.
Dax Rush 5.0l TVR V8, EFI with Megasquirt ECU and wasted spark, Racelogic Traction Control, Quaife LSD. Now with big brother 1973 TR6 being totally body-off restored.

Return to “Useful Info - tips, tricks ....”