WHICH SAT NAVS ACCEPT ITINARIES?

Look in here for tips on buying a 'Kit', using Sat Nav, keeping your car in 'good nick' - and more......

Moderator: Contaminated

Red27

Re: WHICH SAT NAVS ACCEPT ITINARIES?

Postby Red27 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:05 pm

Hmm, had a look at it, and it's a Classic. Some do, some don't. Personally, my experience of playing with them in Halfrauds by way of doing a bit if research is that they don't out of the box. But, like Tony said, you can drop the seller a note and ask. Have a look at this:

http://southernkitcars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=4352

It's a little guide in the How To section, wot I wrote, that shows you (with pictures) how to check if Itinerary Planning is on your Satnav - or that of a prospective eBay purchase. At least you will know what the eBay seller is looking for, even if he doesn't.

Oh, and make sure that he/confirms that the Intinerary Planning icon is on that second screen, specifically. Some of the later, non-itn Satnavs claim to do route planning, by virtue of the fact that you can add some points to go through (via) once you've input your final destination. Not the same thing at all. And, if the seller isn't really au fait with Intinerary Planning, and is just reading the blurb off the box, he/she may not appreciate the difference.
Linda

"Gilles was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing" - Jody Scheckter

Phil N

Postby Phil N » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:42 pm

9 is more than a number

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:44 pm

9?

Rob E

Postby Rob E » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:45 pm

Yes 9
Absofu?@inglutely

Orange Peel

andyf

Postby andyf » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:34 am

I used Tyre and the osmand+ android app the other weekend and was pleased with how easy it was to create the route and then follow it.
MkII Marlin Roadster with Ford 2.0L Pinto and Type 9 gearbox. Going for the oily rag restoration look :-)

Dave Z

Postby Dave Z » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:56 am

Red27 wrote:Hmm, had a look at it, and it's a Classic. Some do, some don't. Personally, my experience of playing with them in Halfrauds by way of doing a bit if research is that they don't out of the box. But, like Tony said, you can drop the seller a note and ask. Have a look at this:

http://southernkitcars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=4352

It's a little guide in the How To section, wot I wrote, that shows you (with pictures) how to check if Itinerary Planning is on your Satnav - or that of a prospective eBay purchase. At least you will know what the eBay seller is looking for, even if he doesn't.

Oh, and make sure that he/confirms that the Intinerary Planning icon is on that second screen, specifically. Some of the later, non-itn Satnavs claim to do route planning, by virtue of the fact that you can add some points to go through (via) once you've input your final destination. Not the same thing at all. And, if the seller isn't really au fait with Intinerary Planning, and is just reading the blurb off the box, he/she may not appreciate the difference.

Thanks Linda, i thought i had seen a guide sometime, but didnt find it.

Return to “Useful Info - tips, tricks ....”