Kit Car Friendly MOT Stations (Sussex)

Look in here for tips on buying a 'Kit', using Sat Nav, keeping your car in 'good nick' - and more......

Moderator: Contaminated

ggdrew

Kit Car Friendly MOT Stations (Sussex)

Postby ggdrew » Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:36 pm

Since losing my nearby friendly test centre when they sold-up to a property developer I'm now looking for suggestions ideally in the Brighton/Newhaven/Lewes/Eastbourne triangle.

In the past I've been able to get a the first booking of the day and hang around as they test it. Iy helps in case they're not clear about the exhaust emissions test requirements (Q-plate); lack of wipers (aero screens); etc.

So I thought I'd ask for any good experiences in Sussex, or perhaps learn of any mechanics or workshops associated with the SKCC.

Thanks in anticipation!
Gary
Attachments
DSC00033 WestieRearLyddenJack.JPG

bigstuff

Re: Kit Car Friendly MOT Stations (Sussex)

Postby bigstuff » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:35 am

I know it sounds like a long way away but they are great. Dick and the lads at Snodhurst Rochester are exceptionally brilliant , and well worth the distance. ;)
One is one too many and one too many is never enough.

Larkingabout

Postby Larkingabout » Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:48 pm

I second that. Duncan from Eastbourne uses them I believe. They understand the cars and are very helpful
James
The man in the Red Coat

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:50 pm

As James said, I'm in Eastbourne and I actually drive up to Snodhurst Service Station, Snodhurst Ave, Chatham ME5 0TB 01634 682741

They do a thorough and fair MOT, they know all about kits and take care when jacking up my Seven. I stay with the car and sometimes drive in onto the rollers. Friendly and very knowledgeable.

There are some very nice roads on the way if you choose the right route :D

Richard

Postby Richard » Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:07 pm

Toat MoT Centre, Slinfold, near Horsham. 01403-790203. Joe will answer and mention my name as guy with Dax. He does lots of kits.
Richard.
Dax Rush 5.0l TVR V8, EFI with Megasquirt ECU and wasted spark, Racelogic Traction Control, Quaife LSD. Now with big brother 1973 TR6 being totally body-off restored.

Return to “Useful Info - tips, tricks ....”