How to use and get involved with the Club.

As it says on the tin.....

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

How to use and get involved with the Club.

Postby greenwoo » Wed May 29, 2013 8:03 am

It may seem a little odd to post a topic about 'how to use a club' - but this club is slightly different to many other 'owners clubs'.

SKCC doesn't rely on Area Organizers to whip their members into shape and to promote events and meetings, this is a very important point: Members ( that means all members inc you ) are the ones who need to drive the Clubs activities.

When you see and read about a run out/drive out in the Members Runs section - that 'event' has been posted, arranged and carried through by someone like you - a 'member'. I've been part of conversations with members who have said ' i'd like to come on a run out but the Club runs are too early for me' - those guys who have said that are missing the point - ENTIRELY. What they are really saying is ' the runs i've seen posted by other members are often too early for me, or not in my area', and what they COULD DO or SAY is:
'Normally the runs are too early, but what i'll do is post up a lunchtime run and see what happens'........

As a newcomer reading the forum for the 1st time must be a bit bewildering, after all 'conversations' are part way through and those taking part are obviously well acquainted. Please do pop a HELLO into the new members section, the better the intro - normally the better the response, and it's a great way to break the ice. And if you can do try and come along on a run out, grab a passenger seat if your car is off the road, or get in your tintop and meet for brekkie ( or whatever ).....meeting faces is the best way to get started.

Getting involved on the forum. We know that not everyone is a computer whizz, but it doesn't take much to add a new topic/post or to add a comment to an ongoing discussion. We know that the proportion of readers to writers is approx 5:1, meaning for every member that every week about 150 members read the forums without commenting on one single thread/topic/discussion.
If everyone was a 'reader' there would be no forum, and the forum forms an important part of the Club......
So please, get involved. We don't ask for a financial contribution to be part of the Club, but we do ask for a bit of participation, and like many things in life, the more you get involved in any way whatsoever - the more you can get out of it.

midszero

Re: How to use and get involved with the Club.

Postby midszero » Wed May 29, 2013 8:15 am

Great post,

I joined out of dissatisfaction and frustration at a.n. other club for which you do pay and are hounded to do so!

Found SKCC to be exactly what I had been looking for.

Made to feel most welcome, within a short period joind the now Northern contingent for an early morning run near Peterborough, last wekend organised my first one and there were eight of us in total!!! O.K didn't go entirely to plan but great fun none the less.

Plus 1 on above

John
GBS Zero Kawasaki Green
2.0 Blacktop with GBS Plenum, Emerald ECU, Est 170BHP
DONE!!!!!!
NOW
Clio 182 Cup in ORANGE

David T

Postby David T » Wed May 29, 2013 8:21 am

My own experience is that before you sign-up, the view of the message boards it not very accessible and a little confusing. It put me off for a little while. Once signed up though you get a much better display, including the very useful 'view new posts' link.

Mattijs

Postby Mattijs » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:13 pm

midszero wrote:O.K didn't go entirely to plan but great fun none the less.

I'd say that for an SKCC run that went entirely to plan, then...:)

Return to “Get the Most from this Club”