Motorsport

Anyone from SKCC can enter, the winning piccies will form the basis for the 2014 calendar

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

Motorsport

Postby greenwoo » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:05 pm

OK let's be clear here......a pic of your car on track, at a racing venue, on a TDay - who cares, BUT it must be your car and a racing theme must be evident.......

SteveRST

Re: Motorsport

Postby SteveRST » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:47 pm

To kick it off... a wet & cold trackday at Brands Hatch.
I had loads of pics to choose from as I bought the pictures from the official photographer there on the day and got 34 of my car, so it was hard to narrow them down!

Steve

[ all hosted on the SKCC photobacket account ]
Westfield Zetec turbo & Westfield Megabusa turbo

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:53 pm

very good steve....always good to see our cars on track :-)

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:26 pm

Apologies for posting this one up again, its the only image I've got of the car in action...at the moment :)
(well when I say in action, I actually mean moving...eeerrrr...slowly..)

(Hosted via my Flickr account)
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Mattijs

Postby Mattijs » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:41 am

You're ahead of a Skyline, that can't be bad. Unless everyone was parked like that and looking very 'dynamic' for the picture?

Edit: is that a Skyline? Or a Sylvia? Or even a Nissan?

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:16 pm

Mattijs wrote:You're ahead of a Skyline, that can't be bad. Unless everyone was parked like that and looking very 'dynamic' for the picture?

Edit: is that a Skyline? Or a Sylvia? Or even a Nissan?

lol, I'll live with the dream I think! I'ts a Nissan 200sx. Images can be deceptive and I guesss there is allways a story behind them. I was first out with 30 or so cars behind me coming out the pitlane, so no pressure then. I gave it a bit of welly to get a bit of breathing space about 60i'sh in second looking for third gear, the car was all over the road, randomly hitting the kerbs and then verring across the road heading down to quarry corner. by the time I arrived at the cornerat about 30-40mph, I'd decided my son's life was more valuable than me trying to kill myself in a kitcar, so had decided to bail out of the session. I initially went wide to let the pack through then decided I had a bit of time to get round the corner and let them past on the straight. I could'nt signal because I needed both hands to control the car.

I then found the escape road at the Esses, once the rest of the pack were past I found the pitlane before they lapped me.

As you can see in the image I was checking the rear view mirrors and turning in to take the corner. The telephoto and jaunty angle makes it look closer than it was. There is a mark on the centre line of the nearside tyre from the cycle wing downwards, as we later found out, it was a jubilee clip digging into the front tyre causing the problem.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Mattijs

Postby Mattijs » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:50 pm

Maybe it's just me, but if I look REALLY closely at your face in the picture I see two eyes and a nose. They look suspiciously like a little doggie. Right?

Rob E

Postby Rob E » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:15 pm

Mattijs wrote:Maybe it's just me, but if I look REALLY closely at your face in the picture I see two eyes and a nose. They look suspiciously like a little doggie. Right?

Matt you are strange :D
Absofu?@inglutely

Orange Peel

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:34 pm

woof.. woof...

leegav

Postby leegav » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:58 pm

ha ha ha
matt i can see that... :lol: it looks like this
Attachments
doggy.jpg
doggy.jpg (4.56 KiB) Viewed 29987 times
Say NO to Pheasants !!! Body count = 3
Say NO to Blackbirds !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Marmots !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Squirrels!!! Body count = 1