Wanted: Tiger Super Six build manual (ok-have one) and grill

Items for Sale or that are wanted: Please edit posts once items are sold / withdrawn.

Moderator: Contaminated

philiprs

Wanted: Tiger Super Six build manual (ok-have one) and grill

Postby philiprs » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:31 am

Hello,
I'm Philip from Belgium (antwerp)and I'm restoring a Tiger Super Six at the moment.
This wintertime I repainted the chassis and now I'm rebuilding the car checking and or replacing every screw and bolt if necessary. At this moment I've replaced the master brake cylinder and ordered new wheel brake cylinders ('83 taunus/cortina? i hope so)
Next year an Pinto engine swap and a body repaint job.
Is there anyone who has a '92 Tiger Super Sis build manual, and want to share it with me? I can fix the car without this manual but you surely now it's very pleasant to read as much as possible about the car you like.
A .pdf would be very fine.... anyone?
best regards, philip
Last edited by philiprs on Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greenwood03

Re: Wanted: Tiger Super Six build manual

Postby greenwood03 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:28 pm

Philip, have you asked on the Tiger Forum? If not i'll gladly post a request for you. Infact i think i may know someone that has one as he built his '6'. Its not as old as that, but i can't imagine that there are so many differences if any!!

philiprs

Postby philiprs » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:33 pm

@ greenwood03 : It would be nice if you want to ask it the tigerforum...
The manual of a recenter S6 is OK , if it not has a modern sierra rear axle.
I just bought my ford taunus (cortina mk3) rear brake pumps , the lockheed (delphi) part number is LW21591.
I scored a new VARGA master cilinder by tiger-netherlands.
see you,
philip
before
now

Contaminated

Postby Contaminated » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:06 pm

Philip - I think I know someone with an S6 build manual as well. It might be the same one as Mark, but I'll ask him tomorrow for you. Are there any bits in particular you are stuck on?

Dan

Contaminated

Postby Contaminated » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:06 pm

Oh, and that's a lovely looking 6 by the way.

philiprs

Postby philiprs » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:26 am

I'm searching for a new grille, not a newer mesh-type but the same as mounted now.

greenwood03

Postby greenwood03 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:42 am

Hi....
Build manual - one of the Tiger guys is sure that he has one, but he's on vacation until end of March. He will be going to Detling though and once he has checked he can bring a copy.

Grill - can you just confirm. You want one that is the same as in the top picture? If that is correct i think i have one in the garage. Let me know and i will check.....

philiprs

Postby philiprs » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:14 am

Two times great for the grille and the manual !
The grille at the top picture is the one I look for.
My grille is rusted and the weldings are broken at several places, re-welding will damage the chrome.

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:46 pm

Philip, i have had a look in the garage and at the moment i can't find the grill - it could be that I threw it away when i decide dnot to use it. I will look again over the next days. BUT - there is a member of the Tiger site who has a new grill that he is willing to sell. He bought it but never fitted it to the car, he wants £15 to include postage in the UK......if i can't find my one, would you be interested in his grill? We can always arrange to have it sent to me and i can bring it to Detling for you......

philiprs

Postby philiprs » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:50 pm

ofcourse i'm interested, i am very happy with it. Can i pay you in advance for it, by sending the money or by credit card ?
Let me now please. This evening i'll arrange the ferry so i'll be in Detling.
I appriciate the effort you are doing...
see you, philip

Return to “For Sale Or Wanted”