Freestyle.......

Your excuse to get out in yoru car and take some special 'shots'.

Moderator: Contaminated

kenton

Re: Freestyle.......

Postby kenton » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:37 pm

Felicity is away and i needed something to do so im going through my pics. :)

Pistol

Postby Pistol » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:05 pm

Not by me but taken by a fellow WSCC member who used to be be a prof wedding photographer.

Here's my attempt:

Not quite the same, but its only round the corner so may have a couple more goes ;)

Rob E

Postby Rob E » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:25 am

That first one looks so perfect it almost looks like a toy.
Absofu?@inglutely

Orange Peel

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:44 am

agree, in fact the 1st one is almost 'too' good.....if that makes any sense.

Red27

Postby Red27 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:23 am

That's because there's a bit of Photoshopping going on in the first version. The "Toytown" effect is created using either Gaussian or Lens Blur, can't remember which. I've never done it, because I view it as "cheating". I don't do anything to mine that I couldn't achieve in a darkroom. I think there's also some selective exposure increase to the left of your car. If you want to do it, au natural, I'd just up lengthen your exposure a bit, and set as wide an aperture as possible to reduce your depth of field. If you've got a dedicated macro lens, try using that? And you might be better off switching to manual and setting your own speed/aperture combo, to avoid your camera being fooled by the extemes of the lighting - but I'm sure you know all that ;)
Linda

"Gilles was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing" - Jody Scheckter

Rob E

Postby Rob E » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:11 pm

And breath
Absofu?@inglutely

Orange Peel

Pistol

Postby Pistol » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:57 pm

Red27 wrote:That's because there's a bit of Photoshopping going on in the first version. The "Toytown" effect is created using either Gaussian or Lens Blur, can't remember which. I've never done it, because I view it as "cheating". I don't do anything to mine that I couldn't achieve in a darkroom. I think there's also some selective exposure increase to the left of your car. If you want to do it, au natural, I'd just up lengthen your exposure a bit, and set as wide an aperture as possible to reduce your depth of field. If you've got a dedicated macro lens, try using that? And you might be better off switching to manual and setting your own speed/aperture combo, to avoid your camera being fooled by the extemes of the lighting - but I'm sure you know all that ;)

No not at all, all new to me last year - I just blur the background and tilt the camera a bit. learnt some lessons during the evening about controlling the exposure setting ad used that to some good effect on holiday (will post later).

Agree with the dark room comment, but slowly learning what I can do with the camera. I cant remember if I had the aperture set right, I know it should have been a low number but the shutter speed was very slow (shooting without flash) and not much blurr going on so in hindsight I think it may have been to larger number. Only around the corner so will try again, especially as its interesting to see the different light patterns you get under artificial lighting.

zxr400

Postby zxr400 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:24 pm

i think your car looks the nuts,better than some new ones, :)

Pistol

Postby Pistol » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:59 pm

Taken from Sunday:

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:38 pm

like!

Return to “Photo Competition 2012”