It's arrived - the 2012 Comp - fun for everyone!

Your excuse to get out in yoru car and take some special 'shots'.

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

It's arrived - the 2012 Comp - fun for everyone!

Postby greenwoo » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:19 am

OK It's arrived. the 2012 SKCC Photo Competition, last years Comp was a great success, but revealed a few flaws. Mainly that there were too many categories. This year we have selected 14 'Titles' to get 12 really good piccies - the reason being that 1-2 categories may be a little tricky for some.

few quick things.
Keep the posts on track please, some banter and fun is the order of the day but not to the point where we lose sight of the aim!

The idea is that during the year you can take pics to fill out each of the categories, each of course being the result of you being out and about in your 'kit'. Although each category has a subject a little lateral thinking might be called for. You can make as many submissions per category as you like and you don't have to complete all 14 to 'win' - i'll explain that in a moment. So don't think that you'll never do the lot so you won't bother entering - have a go and show us what you've got.

Yes we'd like photos that are good quality - but that doesn't mean super expensive cameras and lenses. No, we want to see some fun, some creativity. Because the competition will close end of October allowing everyone to take a poll on their favourite photo in each category. Those 'winning' pics will be considered and the best will form the main part of a 2013 calendar. The overall winner will the person who has won the most categories. Follow? go on you do, its' easy!
ah the prize? well i can't promise what that will be, after all its supposed to be a bit of fun, but we'll see what we can grab in the way of some bits n pieces ( bearing in mind that we don't have a cash surplus as its a 'free' club).

I hope that you'll join in and make this a success.

PLEASE ENSURE THAT PIC'S ARE RESIZED ACCORDINGLY WE DONT WANT MASSIVE FILES HOGGING ALL THE SPACE!
Adding pics. Most of you know how to do so. But to recap.
Upload your pic to a picture hosting site such as tinypic.com, this will generate some 'code'.
Click the IMG button in the toolbar of the post that you are making and paste that code between the 2 IMG icons IMG example IMG.
DO NOT ADD THEM AS ATTACHMENTS, I KNOW THAT IS THE QUICK AND EASY WAY, BUT THEY DO NOT DISPLAY PROPERLY FOR EVERYONE - SUBMIT THEM PLEASE AS OUTLINED ABOVE.
Preview your post to check that the pic shows and voila, Bobs your proverbial.

smokey mow

Re: It's arrived - the 2012 Comp - fun for everyone!

Postby smokey mow » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:48 pm

Woo hoo, this may be enough to tempt me to take my car off SORN :D :D
Mark

Mouldy

Postby Mouldy » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:00 pm

Mine isnt on SORN........... 8-)

Nash

Postby Nash » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:05 pm

Game on :D
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

smokey mow

Postby smokey mow » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Mouldy wrote:Mine isnt on SORN........... 8-)

I was expecting winter :lol: but we dont seem to have had one :roll:
Mark

Red27

Postby Red27 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:17 pm

Shhhhhhh, you'll jinx it and we'll all be under 3 foot of snow before we know where we are......
Linda

"Gilles was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing" - Jody Scheckter

hubby

Postby hubby » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:12 am

I may be a little slow here but whats this
SORN that people keep talking about???? :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:09 pm

maybe we should have a SORN catagory in the photo comp for an alternative calander, we could call it the "expensive and not used toys 2013"?

Red27

Postby Red27 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:41 pm

Does it make them cheaper then if you do use them Tony? Is that why you're racking up the miles? :D
Linda

"Gilles was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing" - Jody Scheckter

hubby

Postby hubby » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:18 pm

Tony B wrote:maybe we should have a SORN catagory in the photo comp for an alternative calander, we could call it the "expensive and not used toys 2013"?

i dunno about that one, 12 pictures of the inside of peoples garages with 6 kits clean and sparkling and the other 6 will be dusty

Return to “Photo Competition 2012”