Photos

Infor on the running of this forum, rules, regs etc

Moderator: Contaminated

Richard

Photos

Postby Richard » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:03 pm

Now I did not think I was daft but why is that with photos:

Part 1.
1.) Sometime I see them all OK in posts.
2.) Sometimes that show as a box with a photo name but I cannot open the picture.
3.) Sometimes they show as me not having the necessary permissions.

Part 2.
How do you 'attach' a photo to a post? I've always loaded mine to Photobucket and created the link code.
Richard.
Dax Rush 5.0l TVR V8, EFI with Megasquirt ECU and wasted spark, Racelogic Traction Control, Quaife LSD. Now with big brother 1973 TR6 being totally body-off restored.

Contaminated

Re: Photos

Postby Contaminated » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:56 pm

Part 1.
1.) Sometime I see them all OK in posts. - so don't moan, rejoice ;)
2.) Sometimes that show as a box with a photo name but I cannot open the picture. - either the photo is hosted somewhere that your work PC doesn't like or there is an intermittent fault - like the ones I host on Photobox
3.) Sometimes they show as me not having the necessary permissions. - either you are not logged in here (although that should not matter) or the photos are hosted on a site that you need to log in to view/the member has not made their album public

Part 2.
How do you 'attach' a photo to a post? I've always loaded mine to Photobucket and created the link code. Go to upload attachment, find the file you want, then "add the file". That adds an attached photo. Then if you want to place it in line and it will appear in the post.

Richard

Postby Richard » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:21 pm

So for part 1 I can't do anything, and for part 2 I have just seen the 'uplaod attachment' under the submit button. Never seen it before as I've never scrolled down before!!! ...

DSCN5472.JPG
DSCN5472.JPG (408.43 KiB) Viewed 49918 times
Richard.
Dax Rush 5.0l TVR V8, EFI with Megasquirt ECU and wasted spark, Racelogic Traction Control, Quaife LSD. Now with big brother 1973 TR6 being totally body-off restored.

Richard

Postby Richard » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:24 pm

... but I cannot see my own photo! All I can see is a white box with a red X in it and the filename of my photo.

Oh well! I just use Photobucket, I guess.
Richard.

Richard

Postby Richard » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:25 pm

... but come out and go back in again and I can!
Richard.

Rob E

Postby Rob E » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:00 pm

You might want to resize that as well rich :D it's mahoooooosive
Absofu?@inglutely

Orange Peel

locost220

Postby locost220 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:02 pm

i use a free programme called 'pixresizer' to resize te picture to 50 or 75m % then upload / attach that one., to reduce the size of the displayed image on the site else you will soon get sarky comments.
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Richard

Postby Richard » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:18 pm

Since today i can't see my own photo, I'll use photobucket in future as at least that seems to work.
Richard.

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:26 pm

if you're running windows on yr pc there's an application to resize pics easily....the smallest one i think is 640x480 and thats perfect for teh site. Photobucket is easy as once teh photo is uploaded you can easily/automatically copy the code and place it in the post.
i have the red cross syndrome on some sites and often its because i'm not logged in or not a member.....
hope that photobucket sorts it for you!

Return to “Forum Admin”