London to Brighton run 04June

Here's a link to the main calendar - the Events detailed are SKCC Group oriented, this does NOT contain runs from the memebrs section!

Moderator: Contaminated

Kegco

London to Brighton run 04June

Postby Kegco » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:06 pm

Has anyone done London
( Brookland Museum) to Brighton
For Kit / sport cars
Sunday 4th June
https://www.classicmotorevents.co.uk/lo ... ghton-blog
Looks interesting £95 per car
ST170 Tiger cat E1
2.1 Tiger cat E1
Mini Rod73 (track toy)

locost220

Re: London to Brighton run 04June

Postby locost220 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:38 pm

Did it a few years ago.
Was okay but expensive for what it was.
Regards
Richard
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

steve m

Postby steve m » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:53 pm

As Richard said, I did it around 2004, and im sure it cost about £35 just to participate !
the following year, I went down with the convoy, and came home

steve
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:08 pm

never done it and can't get my head around how the heck they justify that kind of dosh for effectively providing a route and parking.....

edit; had to check as was curious.....the Mini club run charges £30 a car to non members, bit of a difference between that and this one!

Larkingabout

Postby Larkingabout » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:47 pm

We did it last year and had a great time. Yes it is expensive but Is it more expensive than any other good day out? This year the start has been moved to Brooklands in front of the Concorde. It really is two runs in one with the classic doing one route and the kits another. You only really see each other at the start, mid point and end at Brighton. We are doing it again this year for the craic but this will be our last one I think as there are other events for us to tick off the bucket list.
James
The man in the Red Coat

Kegco

Postby Kegco » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:52 pm

Larkingabout wrote:We did it last year and had a great time. Yes it is expensive but Is it more expensive than any other good day out? This year the start has been moved to Brooklands in front of the Concorde. It really is two runs in one with the classic doing one route and the kits another. You only really see each other at the start, mid point and end at Brighton. We are doing it again this year for the craic but this will be our last one I think as there are other events for us to tick off the bucket list.

This is what I was thinking always want to do a London to Brighton and is a tick off the bucket list
ST170 Tiger cat E1
2.1 Tiger cat E1
Mini Rod73 (track toy)

russtik

Postby russtik » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:53 pm

I live in Brighton, sooooooo that'd be a £95 tax to drive to London and back (excluding expenses).

Hmmm

Not wanting to be negative about these type of events but I really struggle to see where you get the value from that kind of outlay.
Current: Fisher Fury Spyder - 16v Toyota 4AGE
Previous: Road Runner SR2 Turbo - SOLD
Previous: Tiger Avon - Raceline Zetec-R

'Like' SKCC on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Southernkitcars

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:29 pm

Yes it is expensive but Is it more expensive than any other good day out?

well that depends by individual definition.....doing a roadbook rally with lunch/tea etc for £60-70 for 2 people compares a tad more favourably than paying £95 to park in Maderia drive (ok and start from Brooklands ).

How about....a run that starts from a grass airfield, an opportunity to talk to a pilot who will wax lyrical about Biggles fav airplane - the Auster, followed by; a can of red bull to wake you up after talking to the pilot, a cracking 50mile route supplied as an Itn file, a plaque to commemorate the run, a complimentary pen and a white wine spritzer for passengers ( orange juice/shandy for the driver ).....yours for just £50 per car. bookings being taken for the 2nd april.

russtik

Postby russtik » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:53 am

How about................................. a London to Brighton run organised by SKCC? FREE to enter, buy your own breakfast, commemorative photograph plastered on the forum at the end.
Current: Fisher Fury Spyder - 16v Toyota 4AGE
Previous: Road Runner SR2 Turbo - SOLD
Previous: Tiger Avon - Raceline Zetec-R

'Like' SKCC on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Southernkitcars

andyf

Postby andyf » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:01 pm

russtik wrote:How about................................. a London to Brighton run organised by SKCC? FREE to enter, buy your own breakfast, commemorative photograph plastered on the forum at the end.

I'd be up for that :D
MkII Marlin Roadster with Ford 2.0L Pinto and Type 9 gearbox. Going for the oily rag restoration look :-)

Return to “Calendar for Group Events”