Calender dates for 2016

Here's a link to the main calendar - the Events detailed are SKCC Group oriented, this does NOT contain runs from the memebrs section!

Moderator: Contaminated

Tony B
Site Admin

Calender dates for 2016

Postby Tony B » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:33 am

tentative and confirmed dates for 2016 that we know about so far - please add any major events and Ill update the main list (never to early to start planning)

To arrange (volunteers appreciated)

Way up North
Way down South
Way out west

January

February

March

April
3rd April - Rallye des Jonquilles, France

May
1st - 2nd - Stoneleigh Kitcar show
24th 29th- The SKCC Euro Road Trip contact Mark G

June
TBC June - Way out West
10th- 18th The SKCC “Rogue Runners Highland Tour” contact Duncan “DJ” or Graham B
16th June - SPA Track Day - Neil
19th - Bodium Castle Classic Car Show - Bodium Castle Kent
25th - Classic, Kit and Retro Day - Castle Combe
24th - 26th June A weekend away

July
5th - setimoloD - a week in the Dolomites taking in the best that Europe can offer - Tony B - be quick if you want to come.
17th- Tonbridge Lions Club Car Tour of Kent - James (Larkingabout)

August

September
TBC - Artois Rallye
18th Sept Club Gathering

October
TBC - North Weald Car Limits day

November
6th/13th Nov - Remembrance day blat

December
11th Dec - SKCC Xmas Breakkie Blat

russtik

Re: Calender dates for 2016

Postby russtik » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:11 pm

Guys, this thread is a head f***. Can post 1 be "the calendar" and if you want to add some thing just write a post with just those details for the OP to update the first post? Trying to work out what's changed with each subsequent post is uneccesarily difficult/annoying.

I know this creates a burden on maintaining the integrity of the information in the first post but for anyone trying to work out what's going on somewhere down the line it's a pain in the anus.
Current: Fisher Fury Spyder - 16v Toyota 4AGE
Previous: Road Runner SR2 Turbo - SOLD
Previous: Tiger Avon - Raceline Zetec-R

'Like' SKCC on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Southernkitcars

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:23 pm

crikey, your not wrong - ive just tried to update the OP and it wasn't easy, I think ive updated it.

So if folks can just add a one liner saying;

"date - venue, organiser" etc then I will amend the original post so that ones always up to date.... therefore, rules are rules, this is the only thread we don't want you to copy and paste the "above" into your post :lol:

ChrisL

Postby ChrisL » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:15 am

Happy to help plan 'way oop north' run, probably best if I do the middle bit..but need to put car back together first :o
Yes I've been drinking, what of it!!

Rob E

Postby Rob E » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:51 am

So been to the remembrance meet today, bit of a poor turn out but probably due to conditions, got me thinking, the calendar is a bit short on meets in April, August and October so what about some small rally's/meets for charidy (help for heros/cancer) something along the lines of meet up, follow a route, take in some points end up at a bar-be somewhere, natter and a few shandys ? Small donation of your choice, show of hands or interest????
Could do some silly prizes like the French rally.

1.rob e
Absofu?@inglutely

Orange Peel

steve m

Postby steve m » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:21 pm

Agree with Rob, that perhaps we could have more actual meets opposed to runs, something like the Tangmere run, that I thought was a terrific turnout from us, 30 ish cars ? and bet the Tangmere charity were impressed,

I did post a while ago, that, as we have several groups of members scattered over the lower half of the UK, perhaps we could arrange a couple of sunday runs to coincide with each other at a convenient midway meeting place, and as ive now retired and have oodles of time on my hands, I could, well maybe, officiate :o

So been to the remembrance meet today, bit of a poor turn out but probably due to conditions, got me thinking, the calendar is a bit short on meets in April, August and October so what about some small rally's/meets for charidy (help for heros/cancer) something along the lines of meet up, follow a route, take in some points end up at a bar-be somewhere, natter and a few shandys ? Small donation of your choice, show of hands or interest????
Could do some silly prizes like the French rally.

1.rob e
2/steve m
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:05 pm

I enjoy the odd meet etc, I've been asked on a few occasions by the events manager at Leeds Castle. to organise a stand for the Motors by the Moat show, at Leeds Castle, I haven't bothered with it, as I'd rather not waste my and organisers time trying to get things off the ground or embarrass myself and the club with a poor turnout.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Rob E

Postby Rob E » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:23 pm

@ Steve, good shout

@beef , sounds like a plan, no need for embarrassment, we can see a show of hands and then start the organising, never been to leeds castle so I'm down.
Absofu?@inglutely

Orange Peel

steve m

Postby steve m » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:28 pm

@Rob, bugger !

@ Mike, leeds castle is a good shout, as will be any venue that has some form of attraction, as in the Tangmere meet, although I doubt that EVERYONE who visited Tangmere was interested in planes etc, (I am ) yet everyone participated, and had a great day,

A big part of these meets, is the weather, and a run planned on a day that is pouring down, will always be a damp squid, and part and parcel of living on this Island

What type of places would people like to see, go to, explore ?

steve
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:07 pm

i'm all for folks stepping up to organise event based meets, and agree that there are gaps in the calendar that would be good to fill. To me it's a balance if trying to find venues/events that are kind of central ( to a degree )where there's enough to see and not so huge that the group gets totally fragmented.
Anyway guys, feel free to fire away.....

Return to “Calendar for Group Events”