KIT FEST 2014 July 19th

Here's a link to the main calendar - the Events detailed are SKCC Group oriented, this does NOT contain runs from the memebrs section!

Moderator: Contaminated

stuart mills

KIT FEST 2014 July 19th

Postby stuart mills » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:42 pm

Hope you guys can make it to this one. KIT FEST is a brand new show organised by Castle Combe circuit owners. This should be a great event. I look forward to seeing you all there.
http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/eve ... ventID=712

greenwoo
Site Admin

Re: KIT FEST 2014 July 19th

Postby greenwoo » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:33 pm

so who's going to organise a way out west run to this then??
nice early start, take in some cracking B roads and have a wander in to the show?
i can't arrange this as i'll be a 50/50 as that's right around Sue's b/day weekend - so could do with a westerner taking this on......

Crunchie Gears

Postby Crunchie Gears » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:18 am

I'm out as it is during the Alps trip.

David T

Postby David T » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:45 pm

Sounds interesting, hadn't heard about this.

Currently planning on attending Farnborough Airshow that weekend. Will keep a watch on this thread and see nearer the time if I can make it.

Nash

Postby Nash » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:17 pm

Two days before the Arctic trip!! :roll: bl**dy hell
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:39 pm

Done the Forge Motorsport action day a few times with Briskoda, this follows the same format as the kit car day. To get into the show proper you would be expected have a club stand. Entry to the stand only was around £12 per car. Track sessions are also available which are 15min slots at approx £20 a session and a fiver for passengers. My understanding is if you are turning up on spec you will be directed to a public car park and be joe public.

To do the track sessions you need to be part of a stand. You are also encouraged to arrive and set up your stand before joe public arrives (before 0900) If there is a few going then it may be worth looking at securing a few places on another stand rather than setting up your own.

Mark alluded to first come first serve in another thread; this is probably in relation to the demand for track sessions as historically the mornings tend to get booked quicker than the afternoons. The schedules/slots are also subject to slippage due to accidents etc, which is pretty much guaranteed (over an hours delay at one point) check out the twat in the fiat coupe on you tube (sorry can't post link, search for fiat coupe castle combe)

The paddock and surrounding area also get a bit jammed especially with the AA and RAC vans in attendance dealing with the “breakdowns” If you are thinking of going on track just bear in mind any scrote can get on track with a bus pass (I did because I forgot my driving licence) and track discipline is piss poor, 3 abreast heading to quarry with overtakes off track observed. I also observed a total cock drifting a car in amongst the public walking around the displays in the paddock area

I seriously don’t want to put a downer on this as any efforts to promote the kitcar scene is great in my book, sadly the organisational skills and discipline at the Combe leave a lot to be desired.

Whilst I think the format is a winner this isn’t a show I’ll be rushing to.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

David T

Postby David T » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:41 pm

Slightly unrelated. There used to be a chap parked in our office car park, had a banner in the top of the window that read "Briskoka". I honestly thought it was Brian's Skoda. Only since reading your posts have I realised its another online fourm. :oops:

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:22 pm

David T wrote:Slightly unrelated. There used to be a chap parked in our office car park, had a banner in the top of the window that read "Briskoka". I honestly thought it was Brian's Skoda. Only since reading your posts have I realised its another online fourm. :oops:

Huge forum and membership David, has similar themes to skcc, with a small core membership very active either posting organising meets or building / techie type aspects. A few jokers, characters, antogonists and a village idiot thrown in the pot, all part of the fun.

There is a strong contingent in the Bristol / Bath area who support the action days at Combe the stand is big with 50+cars and a dedicated briskoda only track session which keeps the twoc'ers in their ashtrays off the track so better for TD virgins. We won stand of the show one year, no doubt down to Gary (love him.. :) ) and his asbergers, getting everyone to put their cars in model and colour order. :lol:

Some serious machinery was starting to encroach on the stand not withstanding a few howdees, a track prepared supercharged lexarse and a 650bhp R35 so a ban was put in place for non skoda's Unless they get desparate to fill the last few track slots :lol:) . So plan B was initiated which secured me a place on the bristol and bath scoobies stand :lol:

They are a great bunch, like us, very enthusiastic about their chosen steeds. The south east guys helped me out when I had to make some serious lifestyle changes and gave me something to hold on to, for that alone I'm very grateful to Briskoda
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:50 pm

As paul said, unfortunatley this clashes with the Alps trip so a few of us wont be able to make it

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:15 pm

Done a number of these types of days at Coombe with Audi International. Great track until something goes wrong....like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT6XGQrZc90

The B7 RS4 was brand new when this happened and the guy borrowed this one from an Audi dealer for a test drive....then let his Brother drive it on track uninsured.

Coombe is pretty unforgiving and attracts a premium in the trackday insurance I use.....Quarry is probable the most crashed at corner at UK tracks.

Return to “Calendar for Group Events”