'H' = Horse Racing

Details of how to get involved with this year long bit of fun! Note, this is for everyone - not just 'expert photographers'

Moderator: Contaminated

Nash

Re: 'H' = Horse Racing

Postby Nash » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:35 pm

Only 3 hours Stuart. What are you waiting for :roll: Stop polishing it and get your car out. :shock:

Anyway I thought you would have taken the memsarb to Cheltenham for Ladies day last week. Great photo opp there!

....... Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:10 pm

From a distance ........

my car's in front of the cow...oops, i mean horse

hubby

Postby hubby » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:55 am

now that's what i call cheeky

Pistol

Postby Pistol » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:16 pm

Had a trip out on Sunday, this was a brand new race course built at Great Leighs and all was going well - however they forgot to get a race licence and have never held a race.

Was going to push it down the tunnel for Undercover, but as I was technically trespassing I thought that might be pushing my luck a little.

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:33 pm

good job you didnt push it down to the tunnel - think you'll find that i have that category sewn up.....all will be revealed......

smokey mow

Postby smokey mow » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:43 am

Nicely done, that place was on my radar for a photo :roll: I'm going to have to try and find somewhere else for a photo now :twisted:
Mark

smokey mow

Postby smokey mow » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:26 pm

Something of a dissapointing day today for gathering photos :cry: I started by taking a long drive to Great Leighs for a Horse racing picture only to find I couldn't get anywhere close to anything interesting for a photo. Pete must carry a set of bolt croppers in his boot box cos there was no other way i'd be able to get through the gates to the same position as he managed.

So a quick rethink and I ended up at the Marks Tey point to point course. I was quite suprised to see it looking very neglected and unkempt, but the gate was open so I quickly parked up between the jumps for a cheeky picture. Somehow the mood of the weather and the neglected state of the course looked better to me in black and white.

Again not one of my favourite entries in the competition but it'll do for now.

Mark

Pistol

Postby Pistol » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:11 pm

Nice, I see you got a bit closer!

When I arrived it was just before the changing of the weekend security guards and the gate was open so in I went :o :o . I also have one of the security guards numbers so may see what I can arrange - but his English was not so good!

Return to “SKCC Photo Comptetition 2011”