A bit of fun for everyone!! VOTE NOW!!!!!!

Details of how to get involved with this year long bit of fun! Note, this is for everyone - not just 'expert photographers'

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

A bit of fun for everyone!! VOTE NOW!!!!!!

Postby greenwoo » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:11 pm

guys n gals. For those of you who've been around most of the year you'll know that we have been running a photo competition.....its in this General Gassing section. The idea was twofold......to get folks to get out there with their cars, giving a bit or purpose to a 'solo' ride out. The other was to pick the best of the pictures and have a calendar made for members to buy.

A carefully selected panel of judges has whittled down the initial shots to a max of 3 per category, and in some cases we have 'locked' the thread/category as the quality of the shorts wasn't up to muster. So you now have about 15 categories to vote on. From that we'll pick the best 12 for the calendar......

all you need to do is to visit that Comp Forum and scroll through each category that ISNT locked....you'll see in the 1st post 2-3 pictures, just click the little spot on the pic that's your fav in each section.

Voting will stop on the 20th November....we're all adults so i shouldnt need to say, teh following but i will!
1/ you must vote on all categories.
2/ you can vote for your own pic.
3/ 1 set of votes per member.

the calendars will be available as part of teh latest set of merchandise, voting doesnt mean you have to buy one - so we hope that the lurkers/readers of this club will take part in the voting process!!!!

OK It's arrived. the 2011 SKCC Photo Competition.
few quick things.
Keep the posts on track please, some banter and fun is the order of the day but not to the point where we lose sight of the aim!

The idea is that during the year you can take pics to fill out each of the categories, each of course being the result of you being out and about in your 'kit'. Although each category has a subject a little lateral thinking might be called for. You can make as many submissions per category as you like and you don't have to complete all 26 to 'win' - i'll explain that in a moment. So don't think that you'll never do the lot so you won't bother entering - have a go and show us what you've got.

Yes we'd like photos that are good quality - but that doesn't mean super expensive cameras and lenses. No, we want to see some fun, some creativity. Because the competition will close end of October allowing everyone to take a poll on their favourite photo in each category. Those 'winning' pics will be considered and the best will form the main part of a 2012 calendar. The overall winner will the person who has won the most categories. Follow? go on you do, its' easy!
ah the prize? well i can't promise what that will be, after all its supposed to be a bit of fun, but we'll see what we can grab in the way of some bits n pieces ( bearing in mind that we don't have a cash surplus as its a 'free' club).

I hope that you'll join in and make this a success.

PLEASE ENSURE THAT PIC'S ARE RESIZED ACCORDINGLY WE DONT WANT MASSIVE FILES HOGGING ALL THE SPACE!

Adding pics. Most of you know how to do so. But to recap.
Upload your pic to a picture hosting site such as tinypic.com, this will generate some 'code'.
Click the IMG button in the toolbar of the post that you are making and paste that code between the 2 IMG icons IMG example IMG.
Preview your post to check that the pic shows and voila, Bobs your proverbial.

For how NOT to do it. Take a look at Quinessentially English. There's no car and the pic is too big. Yes the sentiment was correct an Englishman being rather seasick ( yes its a strecth but i guess it would have counted if Ians car was involved ).

Red27

Re: A bit of fun for everyone!!

Postby Red27 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:06 pm

Why is it I get the feeling this isn't going to be straightforward, i.e. take a nice photo of a nice car...... :D
Linda

"Gilles was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing" - Jody Scheckter

Nash

Postby Nash » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:22 pm

Linda we've put minutes of thought into this. Ok course its not straight forward.
:D

.........Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:55 pm

Linda, and Ive tried to make it easier for us but I dont think I got away with it :lol:

watch this space!

Red27

Postby Red27 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:57 pm

This is fun already, and we don't even know what it is yet! :D
Linda

"Gilles was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing" - Jody Scheckter

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:22 pm

can't beat a bit of anticipation Linda!
the whole crack with this will be to open it in such a way that an idiot with a phone/camera can take an 'interesting' shot - obviously we're not talking blurred/pixalated dross, but it's about doing the task as well as the end result. Moreover it's designed ( hopefully) to give folks something to think about when plotting their run outs......oh have i given anything away?????

Ben_Copeland

Postby Ben_Copeland » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:48 pm

Oooo Ooooo whats all this about then?
Ben

On the road, but never finished....

locost220

Postby locost220 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:49 pm

maybe to those in the know ( not me ).
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Rob E

Postby Rob E » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:59 pm

Oooooooo Craptic :lol:
Absofu?@inglutely

Orange Peel

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:10 pm

easy Rob, i saw what you did there :)
Cryptic it may be, fun it will be!
This will sort out the wheat from the chaff, the men from the boys, the pie from the pasty.....

Return to “SKCC Photo Comptetition 2011”