A bit of fun for everyone!! VOTE NOW!!!!!!

Details of how to get involved with this year long bit of fun! Note, this is for everyone - not just 'expert photographers'

Moderator: Contaminated

Nash

Re: A bit of fun for everyone!!

Postby Nash » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:20 pm

All,
Just to add Mark has created a Folder for the competition viewforum.php?f=21 which can be accessed from the Index Board>General Gassing>SKCC Photo Competition so get posting boys and girls :D

...................Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Red27

Postby Red27 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:44 pm

Okey dokey, some questions.

1/ Can we post a photo in any category at any time up to October? It's not certain categories in certain months or anything like that. Photo mags tend to do one category per month, for example, over a year.
2/ Also, I take it that photos have to have been taken from now onwards? No going back over the archives?
3/ With a nod to Quintessentially English, we have to have some kind of vehicle/car theme in our pics right? But, does it have to be our car/other kits? I'm thinking of Goodwood for example. Tiger's going to be in the car park, unlikely they'll let me go up the hill :( , unless that's what you're hoping we'll try and do :twisted:
4/ Has it taken three of you to come u with this so that if any of us get arrested whilst in the pursuit of competition entries there's no one person to blame, and you can all blame each other? :D
Linda

"Gilles was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing" - Jody Scheckter

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:08 pm

good questions Linda.
1/ Can we post a photo in any category at any time up to October? It's not certain categories in certain months or anything like that. Photo mags tend to do one category per month, for example, over a year.
2/ Also, I take it that photos have to have been taken from now onwards? No going back over the archives?
3/ With a nod to Quintessentially English, we have to have some kind of vehicle/car theme in our pics right? But, does it have to be our car/other kits? I'm thinking of Goodwood for example. Tiger's going to be in the car park, unlikely they'll let me go up the hill , unless that's what you're hoping we'll try and do

You can post in any category at ANY time and MULTIPLE attempts ( of different subject - not 3 pics from a differnet angle of the same thing ). We wanted the categories to be wide enough to allow anyone to grab a snap without thinking ' its march so i must snap a xxx'.

now onwards please. the idea is to combine using our cars with the competition.

'some sort of car' the idea is to feature your own car in the pics. But if you see another 'kit' well thats fair play too! We don't want random images of a castle without seeing your car or another kit!

clear as mud?

3 of us? well 2.5 as someone wanted to feature a load of categories only attainable by 5 people who are travelling to the South of France!

Nash

Postby Nash » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:24 pm

Just to add, the photo must be yours. i.e. you took it and own the copyright of it and no you can't use your archieve photos. Which pains me to say it as I have thousands of photo's :cry:

If you do get arrested in persuit of a photo to enter please remember to take a photo of it. you may not win any prizes but we'll all have a great laugh at your expense :lol:

........Neil

zxr400

Postby zxr400 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:23 pm

ho goode dose this mean i can act the goat , 8-)

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:35 pm

3 of us? well 2.5 as someone wanted to feature a load of categories only attainable by 5 people who are travelling to the South of France!

Like I said Linda, I did try but they sussed my cunning plan :lol: :lol:

Ok everyone, get snapping and posting!

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:18 pm

well you did make it a bit obvious!

Nash

Postby Nash » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:43 pm

A BIT :!: A blind man on a galloping horse would have seen it :roll:

Nogoingback

Postby Nogoingback » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:30 pm

In the words of Wonathan Woss why we wav wo W

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:53 pm

try looking at the second page! W= water related, water feature,waterfall etc etc

Return to “SKCC Photo Comptetition 2011”