Westerham 1st Friday each Month

If you're part of a regular meet - or want to arrange a meet please pop the details down in here. For regular meets do keep jogging teh 'board' every month!

Moderator: Contaminated

plug

Re: Westerham 1st Friday each Month

Postby plug » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:53 pm

Who,s going tonight :?:

plug

Postby plug » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:08 pm

Just relised that the M25 is closed between junction 7 & 8 in both directions. Should imagine the A25 is chocker block :(

greengiant

Postby greengiant » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:45 pm

I drove past about 8.45pm having been to Gatwick and avoiding the shut M25, couldn't stop, daughter just wanted to get home and go to bed :(
Looked to be a good turnout 18+ cars?

Martin

MangoFury
Site Admin

Postby MangoFury » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:54 am

Good to see everyone last night and a fine collection of Furys :)

I was going to go M3, M25 to J6 to get there quickly but the "M25 closed" signs warned me off.
Thank goodness, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-14429928.
Horrendous tailbacks. Even though the road surface is damaged and a gantry as well, why does it takes so long to reopen the road?
2009 Fisher Fury, 2 litre standard Zetec, Honda TBs, Megasquirt ECU

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:59 am

damm fine turnout......now all we need to do is to see whether all those local to the Grasshopper ( east grinstead/croydon etc ) can be persuaded to come out next time....let's face it the evenings are shortening, wouldnt it be good to get 25 cars there??????

Nogoingback

Postby Nogoingback » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:23 pm

Nice evening for a run out for a chat.
As said good turnout of JP cars and some really nice furys.
Good to share the drive with Mark in his Star that had a cracking bang and a shot of flame every time he went on overrun.
His brother has another Star so we could be surprised by a brace of these rare cars at some time in the future.

Larkingabout

Postby Larkingabout » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:28 pm

Nice run out, nice company, great cars what more could be asked for!!
James
The man in the Red Coat

Nash

Postby Nash » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:24 pm

Yes it was a stonking turn out last fella's. It was great to see all the JP cars almost outnumbering the 7's. Very good company and I even managed to get my car clean this afternoon after Mark and I preceeded the Grasshopper with a typical SKCC blat in which we managed to cover the cars in what can only be described as Building site mud. Knew I should have built a Dakar :roll: :D

Lets make next month a record breaker for car turnout.

............Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

raplma

Postby raplma » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:43 pm

Nogoingback wrote:Good to share the drive with Mark in his Star that had a cracking bang and a shot of flame every time he went on overrun.
His brother has another Star so we could be surprised by a brace of these rare cars at some time in the future.

LOL

Yeah, I forgot about that until the first flash and bang, I'm sure I could get arrested for disturbing the peace :lol:

As for my brothers Star, we took it off the road for a chassis up refurb, well that was 8 years ago :o Currently sorting out a few niggles with the wiring loom, mainly schoolboy errors on my part as I fancied the challenge of making my own . . . hummm . . . well at least I've made all the mistakes for when It's time to do mine. Which might be sooner rather than later as my indicators failed.

Thanks for a fab night cars and company!

Return to “Local Meets”