HID City - Xenon Conversion Kit

Feel free to add your recommends: Please put a general description of the service in the Title.

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

HID City - Xenon Conversion Kit

Postby greenwoo » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:38 am

right, i'm afraid that i couldnt negotiate a group discount with these guys, BUT they made it clear that they would do a deal for a relatively small number of units ( ie/ 5 ) - that said, i strongly recommend talking to them. Tell them that you're a member here, the owner is a classic car fiend and i rather suspect that a request for a cheeky few quid off may be approved. Dont just rely on the website to order.

If you're wondering whether the outlay is worth it, i can tell you that the lights are awesome. It has transformed driving at night. Fitting isnt rocket science and should be within the grasp of most folks on here. The biggest hassle is popping off the ends of 2 plugs to get the new cabling into the bowl of the existing lamp, not insurmountable - just a fiddly few mins with a tiny flat ended driver to pop a retaining pin.

http://www.hidcity.co.uk

jeffw

Re: HID City - Xenon Conversion Kit

Postby jeffw » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:38 pm

A couple of points.....

Without a lens wash system and auto height adjustment these are technically illegal. Without the correct projector lens you will have some very off light patterns.

I appreciate that a number of people run them in non-HID projects and have never been stopped but it is something to be aware of.

Return to “Suppliers that you'd recommend to other Members”