Gaskets

Feel free to add your recommends: Please put a general description of the service in the Title.

Moderator: Contaminated

Fury1630

Gaskets

Postby Fury1630 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:30 pm

Having blown ANOTHER X-flow centre exhaust gasket, I bought a replacement from "Gaskets For Classics" via Ebay, they phoned me up to ask if there was a reason why I'd bought another, so I explaned & the guy said the delamination was only a problem on Se7ens & suchlikes, & they were doing some research into why with a veiw to designing something better, so I sent them some information & photos & together we've come up with a likely cause, a solution for my car & he's working on a better design.

I'm recommending them because they are genuinely interested in the products they make. I also got a gasket set for the Zetec at the same time, so they don't just do really old stuff.

T

Contaminated

Re: Gaskets

Postby Contaminated » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:30 pm

Yep, well worth a post. Interest in your own product seems to be a thing of the past generally!

Fury1630

Re: Gaskets

Postby Fury1630 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:57 am

A follow-up.

I e-mailed Gaskets for Classics asking if I could jut buy a couple of exhaust centre gaskets as I'm taking the car on a road trip. Within ten minutes he called me saying the new material had been a great success on two racing se7ens & a road car that's just been to Spain & back, & he'd post me a new & old type F.O.C. for testing! OK they're only a couple of quid's worth, but this level of interest in what is after all "just" a gasket is really impressive. I shall post something here when the new type goes on sale, as I guess I'm not the only one with the problem.

:D

They will also make gaskets to your design so if you need such a thing, give them a call.

Return to “Suppliers that you'd recommend to other Members”