Propshafts

Feel free to add your recommends: Please put a general description of the service in the Title.

Moderator: Contaminated

Fury1630

Propshafts

Postby Fury1630 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:38 am

I guess the BEC folks will be familliar with Bailey Morris as they seem to make the majority of thier props, but when the front prop joint went on the Ranger (the result of some over enthusiatic welding boiling the grease out) I wondered how long it would take to get a five speed Capri prop, then get it shortened & balanced. Then I remembered the Fury had a brand new prop from Fishers & looked up Bailey Morris. Thier web site has a down-loadable form that you fill in with length / end fittings etc, I faxed it to them & within an hour a man called me to confirm the details & take the card No. "how long will this take" I asked with a little trepidation, there was a sucking of teeth "ah, well the factory's very busy at the moment, then there's the postal delay - erm, we should be able to get it to you in erm, four working days? It arrived in three & cost just over £100 inc postage & has serviceable spiders.

It wasn't worth trying to source an old one for that price.

Excellent service all round.

T

Ben_Copeland

Re: Propshafts

Postby Ben_Copeland » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:23 pm

8-) I'll try to remember for later on ...
Ben

On the road, but never finished....

Return to “Suppliers that you'd recommend to other Members”