Unplanned Blat....

Inspire the rest of us! A place to pop a note / blog of your travels, a short desciption with a photo would be perfect.

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwood03

Unplanned Blat....

Postby greenwood03 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:55 pm

So i get an emergency call, can i pick up a friends daughter as my missus has had to go to pick up our daughter...who'd missed her bus. With the old hack at the local garage there was no option it was 'tiger time'. Said pick up complete i was about to pop the car back in the garage when i decided to leave it out and go and introduce myself - and the site to some Caterhams who were meeting at Buck Barn (a24/a272). The offer of a run to their evening meet was too good to turn down - even after i found out that their pub was about 3 miles from Chichester! Had a cracking evening blat, 4 of us making 'brisk' progress before arriving at the Club haunt.
Would i have gone if the car had still been in its garage at 6 oclock - nope, so learnt a little lesson to make more of an effort after work - especially as the evening blat was so good. Will be doing that again!!
So another 170-180 miles on the clock - superb!

So thanks to the folks that made me feel welcome. And perhaps a note to a few of you guys reading this - it doesnt have to be daylight to blat :-)

Contaminated

Re: Unplanned Blat....

Postby Contaminated » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:19 pm

Well I will be heading down to the Three Chimneys in Biddenden in mine tonight if anyone is about! Neil (since I think you've copped the pub/cafe guide!) this would be one of my recomendations for a sunny weekend afternoon meet. Nice pub, big beer garden, big car park and in amongst some good roads.

http://www.thethreechimneys.co.uk/

Nash

Postby Nash » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:40 pm

Captured.

..........Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Contaminated

Postby Contaminated » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:37 am

Edit to say I still like the Three Chimneys, but the gravel car park is no good for bump-starting your car when your starter motor breaks :roll:

Ross

Postby Ross » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:37 am

You're beginning to break more things than me Dan. You'd better make sure you take some Duck Tape to Brands on the 23rd...

Contaminated

Postby Contaminated » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:06 pm

Ross wrote:You're beginning to break more things than me Dan. You'd better make sure you take some Duck Tape to Brands on the 23rd...

Yes, I'll put it in my bag along with a clean pair of pants!

Return to “You Went Where ???”