Cheeky Run out

Inspire the rest of us! A place to pop a note / blog of your travels, a short desciption with a photo would be perfect.

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

Cheeky Run out

Postby greenwoo » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:18 pm

Well with James having sold the Caterham i've been interviewing candidates for a new wingman......
It was Jays turn this evening to audition......

We met down at Wrotham by the M26 at the Oakdene Cafe, not the poshest place ever visited, but always a few bikers around and seems that Wednesdays is BBQ night.....still we had an ITN and a plan so we set off after a bit of gentle banter.

Took the B roads South, heading towards Penshurst, Hever Castle and the edge of the Ashdown Forest before ending up at Four Elms at the Garden Centre that hosts a Classic meet during the summer months.....well as there was a meet i guess in their book we're in Summer.

Had a bit of BBQ fodder, met a couple of new faces who may well come from the dark side of car ownership (tvr) to the light ( kits)....and caught up with some old faces. Laugh of the night was quietly enjoyed by Jay and I......a rather striking blonde in a summer dress was in the company of her other half - , all was fine and dandy til she moved he head, he blonde hair swept to one side like the parting of the Red Sea - revealing........the price tag ( of the dress before anyone gets smutty). A quick 'shall we/ shan't we' ensued.....yeah i did, Err excuse me, err, i'mnot a stalker or a perv but you might want to take the price off.......'

anyway, was a good chance for Jay to put more miles on his car and test his peg leg, and the same for me ( miles not leg )........what a glorious night for a drive. CRACKING.

Mattijs

Re: Cheeky Run out

Postby Mattijs » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:04 am

Nice one, Mark. What's that on your right?

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:17 am

Not sure Matt, i'd describe it as a 50's style rod....but then that would probably offend the owner !
its a lovely little venue, a few of us from skcc went for one of their evenings last summer.....hoping to go again to the July one, especially if it's as sunny as yesterday!

Red27

Postby Red27 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:16 pm

Nice looking Austin Healy in the two tone colourway, and good to see Jay's on the mend and back on road.
Linda

"Gilles was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing" - Jody Scheckter

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:07 pm

Well done you two, nice to see Jay out and about, hope the foot was ok and getting stronger. Yes I remember that place last year I think it was a Caterham do we gate crashed!!!! BBQ and all.
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

Jay

Postby Jay » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:42 pm

Very nice evening out thank you mark. Once we managed to pass the transit van mark must of gave the itn too and we managed to get bit of lick on until progress was halted rather quickly due to farmer giles pulling out of a hedge row in front of mark. After that we managed a few quick miles and pleased to report the ankle didn't feel to bad.

All def be revisiting again this year

Red27

Postby Red27 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:40 pm

Jays wrote:......progress was halted rather quickly due to farmer giles ....

In a maroon Tiger was he? :o Those in the know, will understand :lol:
Linda

"Gilles was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing" - Jody Scheckter

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:08 pm

no he was in a fecking big John Deere with pointy things that looked a bit naughty.....hence the standing on the middle pedal.....as it happened he was merely looking left/right before exiting a field, the pointy things were just a warning ..........

Return to “You Went Where ???”