sumo power

Inspire the rest of us! A place to pop a note / blog of your travels, a short desciption with a photo would be perfect.

Moderator: Contaminated

leegav

sumo power

Postby leegav » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:47 pm

went for a trip down to Rye today to look round a race garage called SUMO POWER in the guy next doors Skyline....
oh my word.... talk about power in a car...not been in anything like it before and i dont think i ever will.....

im not going to post how quick he took it but ive not been that quick before... :? :shock:
on previous "track days" ;) out he said hes had it to 1 80

the mid to top end power is unbelievable and it sounds incredible but its rather slow until 4,000 revs...my god does it go after that...
shame its so s.hite on the corners.... :D
the power he has in his is just short of 800bhp but the main technician at sumo had one outside, that he races and it had over 1000bhp.. :o :o :shock:
apparently it races in brighton on street drag races? not sure if any of you have been down there? its a black one and fairly famous car? :?:
my neighbor didnt let me have a go in his.... even though i let him drive mine a couple of months ago... :roll:
there were race cars all over the place and the garage was immaculate everywhere...
i didnt want to seem like an :ugeek: by taking photos whilst the owner was there talking to us, but managed to get in this quick shot before he came to meet us.. this was only a small part of the garage, there were race cars everywhere and in the back was a special area were they did work on a le mans jaguar...there were 7 cars under heat resistant car covers....wasnt allowed to look under them... :shock:
also had fish and chips near the marina and it was delicious... :P
i expect i could organise a good look round for the club at some stage if people would be interested...
all in all a good monday out....
Attachments
2012-12-10 13.19.49.jpg
2012-12-10 13.19.49.jpg (70.78 KiB) Viewed 4083 times
Say NO to Pheasants !!! Body count = 3
Say NO to Blackbirds !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Marmots !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Squirrels!!! Body count = 1

b33fy

Re: sumo power

Postby b33fy » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:07 pm

Its a great place Lee, they run the R35GTR's for FIA GT1 world series, the unofficial factory team. They have a yearly open day. James and I went along to one when they first opened, some great cars on show and a few freebies, hats, stickers, etc, worth keeping an eye out for.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

bigstuff

Postby bigstuff » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:11 pm

Awesome that sounds fantastic :o sounds like that would make a brilliant stop on a run. :D
One is one too many and one too many is never enough.

leegav

Postby leegav » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:17 pm

its fantastic place... could have spent a week there looking at everything...
those big cars just dont do it for me though... but each to there own i suppose..
my friend next door has known the guy for 10 years apparently... :?: :shock:
my engine and carbs looked very simple compared to some of the engines in those cars...
Say NO to Pheasants !!! Body count = 3
Say NO to Blackbirds !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Marmots !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Squirrels!!! Body count = 1

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:18 pm

Very interesting, and sounds like great day out :)

Shame you didn't get to try 800bhp, but I can understand his attitude (or fear) .

Duncan

Crunchie Gears

Postby Crunchie Gears » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:20 pm

Lee

That is a awesome day out!

Mattijs

Postby Mattijs » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:19 pm

I actually considered getting a GT-R, but buying one is just the start... After that, you keep spending lots of money.

So instead, I bought a kit car. At least that means that once you have the car, especially a Tiger, you're not spending anything... Much... Oh... Maybe a Skyline would have been cheaper in the long run?

Nash

Postby Nash » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:25 pm

A few of us had our names down on PH for there last open day but it was cancelled at shirt notice. Shame as it looks a cracking day out.
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Return to “You Went Where ???”