Out and about in Kent III, IV and V

Inspire the rest of us! A place to pop a note / blog of your travels, a short desciption with a photo would be perfect.

Moderator: Contaminated

Weathers

Out and about in Kent III, IV and V

Postby Weathers » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:35 pm

This week I have mostly been driving. Started with 40odd, then 80, then 100odd and so on. Did 150 miles yesterday and, apart from the pissing rain shower that hit me for all of 3 minutes, the weather has actually been quite kind if a little windy. The roof has stayed off, yes you read that right OFF, although I cursed leaving it in the garage yesterday for said 3 minutes.

Mileage is up to 500 miles now and the car is really starting to breath, but I have a feeling there's a little way to go yet. I've gone from getting less than 100 to over 150 miles out of a tank however it is a relatively sedate pace (70ish on the motorway and steady away else where) given I'm limited to 4000 revs or there or there abouts. ;) I've actually been very restrained.....

I've been all over the place passing through Canterbury, Ashford, Margate, Dover, Herne Bay, Whitstable and Tonbridge to name the larger places I know the names of.

Day of rest today and finishing off the car cleaning. Oh yes and finding the blown fuse that caused the wipers to pack up during Thursdays 3 minute shower. Apparently, I've just been informed, the new wiper motors blow fuses until they are bedded in. I'm saying nothing :roll: :roll: :roll:

Back to Westfielding at the weekend. Might even take Mrs W out for lunch and lull her into a false sense of security when pootling along in the running in phase. That way she might get into the car when we go to Llandow. :lol: :lol: :lol:

greenwoo
Site Admin

Re: Out and about in Kent III, IV and V

Postby greenwoo » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:17 am

fair play Chris....have to admit wasn't aware that engines these days needed to be run in, so must be frustrating not to us experiment with the loud pedal!

Weathers

Re: Out and about in Kent III, IV and V

Postby Weathers » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:23 am

greenwoo wrote:fair play Chris....have to admit wasn't aware that engines these days needed to be run in, so must be frustrating not to us experiment with the loud pedal!

I thought the same thing Mark. My Dad used to say that they were “run in on the bench” years ago. It’s probably a way of making sure that if anything is going to work loose it doesn’t happen at high velocity!! :lol:

Return to “You Went Where ???”