.. or where am I going?

Inspire the rest of us! A place to pop a note / blog of your travels, a short desciption with a photo would be perfect.

Moderator: Contaminated

Tony C

Re: .. or where am I going?

Postby Tony C » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:32 pm

DJ. wrote:I would quite like to travel around Canada, it's very big and more civilised than Central America.

Alternatively, travelling around Europe in a motor home would be good, but I'd have to have the Seven on a trailer :)

I'd second Canada, we drove across the Rockies from Calgary to Vancouver, stunning scenery and great roads. We were only there for 10 days, but it would be easy to extend it, vast country. Some good photo opportunities too, bears, moose, etc
Tiger Cat E1 - 2008-2009
Tiger R6 - 2009-2014
Austin Healey Sprite - 2014-2018
Fisher Fury Le Mans - 2018-2019

Nash

Postby Nash » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:56 am

It's a great question and opportunity Mike.

You have serious longer term considerations (plans) around relocating and so you could split the 2 month window into 2 separate options.

1. Focus on using the 2 months to "test out" your relocation plans. Make sure they are sustainable and what you would be happy doing for the rest of your time. Don't know what that would look like but I guess you know and can shape your "holiday" accordingly.

2. Do something completely different and charge your batteries and give yourself a load of incredible memories that you can keep for the rest of time.

Just please don't waste the fantastic opportunity you have and do nothing.

Good hunting my friend
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:25 am

Good advice Neil, I was reading an article by a woman who was desperate to move to a Scottish Island and within a month wished she hadn't :(

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:14 pm

Thanks Neil. Although it’ll give a feel for the place, it won’t be the same as committing and living. Whilst the areas we are considering are very familiar to us anyhow, knocking about in a holiday rental isn’t quite the same as living the life as such.

Might have an opportunity to doss in Mauritius for all or part of the time. Not sure there’d be enough to do though.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Jay

Postby Jay » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:54 pm

Mike if you really have that much time on your hands i know were there is a mercedes race truck that needs fitting out

Return to “You Went Where ???”