.. or where am I going?

Inspire the rest of us! A place to pop a note / blog of your travels, a short desciption with a photo would be perfect.

Moderator: Contaminated

b33fy

.. or where am I going?

Postby b33fy » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:47 pm

Almost made it to the end and have the opportunity for a 2 month sabatical, between retiring and going back to work, whilst we work on long term plans. Other than the obvious, house renovations/ rebuild car we want to getaway for a bit of a break. Totally open to all reasonable suggestions.. though will want a little bit of comfort. Maybe fit the travel round some motorsport or large event of some sort. A cruise or particularly long flights aren’t appealing. Any ideas?
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

greenwoo
Site Admin

Re: .. or where am I going?

Postby greenwoo » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:50 am

guess partly depends on time of year/warmth expectations?
2mths....for the break? or a 2 mth window?

Spain - car = doing the paradors end to end....

leegav

Postby leegav » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:50 am

if i had 2 months off id do something life changing and rather crazy....certainly outside my comfort zone,,,and certainly something that would help me find the reason im here.
a friend of mine took 4 months off and went to live on a yoga/ meditation camp next to the ganges river. Way outside is normal character, but it has changed him completely and he told me he is the happiest he has ever been.

For me i would probably spend the 2 months in a country that has had a natural disaster helping out. id quite like that.
Say NO to Pheasants !!! Body count = 3
Say NO to Blackbirds !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Marmots !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Squirrels!!! Body count = 1

nelmo

Postby nelmo » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:09 pm

leegav wrote:For me i would probably spend the 2 months in a country that has had a natural disaster helping out. id quite like that.

So just stay here - we've got Brexit - that's a f**ing disaster!! :evil: :D

Jay

Postby Jay » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:59 pm

Mike get over yourself get on the plane 2 months doing route 66. If i could do it again i would be all over it. Amazing place and there might even be 1 or 2 photo opotunities

Rexholme

Postby Rexholme » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:12 pm

Jay wrote:Mike get over yourself get on the plane...

New Zealand. I’d go back in a heartbeat. Easily the best country so have ever been - despite recent news events. It’s God’s playground.

Little motorsport, unless it’s, WRC will be going on much in a northern hemisphere winter. You need to go south.

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:40 am

greenwoo wrote:guess partly depends on time of year/warmth expectations?
2mths....for the break? or a 2 mth window?

Spain - car = doing the paradors end to end....

2 month window, break, up to 2 months. Portugal and Spain has an appeal, Paradors looks interesting, cheers Mark.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:45 am

Lee like the idea and your thinking.. quite like the idea of Central America and learning to tango!

Jay, just too big/fat for a plane otherwise it doesn’t bother me despite watching loads of aircraft investigations on discovery :o :? :lol:

Thanks Mike, not thought about New Zealand at all. Needs some consideration.

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:56 am

I would quite like to travel around Canada, it's very big and more civilised than Central America.

Alternatively, travelling around Europe in a motor home would be good, but I'd have to have the Seven on a trailer :)

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:08 pm

DJ. wrote:I would quite like to travel around Canada, it's very big and more civilised than Central America.

Alternatively, travelling around Europe in a motor home would be good, but I'd have to have the Seven on a trailer :)

Just priced up a motor home for two months.. £8k plus nightly site fees.. Don’t mind spending a bit of money, though was hoping to do the two months for that sorta budget. Going July/August doesn’t help.

Return to “You Went Where ???”