DTM

Inspire the rest of us! A place to pop a note / blog of your travels, a short desciption with a photo would be perfect.

Moderator: Contaminated

b33fy

DTM

Postby b33fy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:45 am

A couple from this morning..
Attachments
32353804-CDCE-4E1C-B8CE-AC331FCB6F0E.jpeg
33C5A7D1-81D6-49F9-8FA1-617C94521544.jpeg
EFCF4CCF-CA1A-446B-8FAC-F6A2FC3F1D48.jpeg
25A1EB89-77B1-4015-9253-F0B3F9594C89.jpeg
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

b33fy

Re: DTM

Postby b33fy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:05 pm

A good days racing was had, not much overtaking (a fault of the circuit as much as the cars) though the DTM cars are bloody quick. Good company with James, Nash, The Captain and Team Principal from Snodhurst Racing. We took one for the team and scoped out the suite for September.. all good except they ran out of Becks.. when I say ran out.. a couple of individuals took advantage of the great hospitality and drank it all.. :lol: A good day was had by all. :D

BTW no rain there either.. :D

One hosted from flickr, this one is called "who put that bloody tree there?"

Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Jay

Postby Jay » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:31 pm

Sounds a great day. Gutted i double booked and couldnt be there. Like the pics mike

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:19 pm

In fairness Mike, i was just firing a warning shot across the Suites bows....re/ quantity of Becks required.... :lol: :lol:
really enjoyed today, the noise those things made was awesome, and the speed they carry through the corners is unreal for a 'normal' car....
great banter as ever....and thank the Lord that the stereo in the Merc is kaput - Sam Smith at 9am could have set the tone :lol:

Havent trawled through my pics as yet....will get to that over the next day or so....hoping there may be a pearl, and am sure there's a 'winner' in there....noyt that Mike or I compete!

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:20 pm

@Jay.. Thanks Jay, weather was kind to us, the suite owner, Jack, was very accommodating, suite is more or less opposite Race control, a nice spot.

@Mark, thanks for your great company today, enjoyed the wander around the track, a few new places discovered for photo ops.. Stereo will be back to normal service next time, Rick Astley is the man of the moment.. :D

All the best with the "scavange" through the shots, mine havent given too much tbh, poor hit rate today, cars too fast lol.. still scavenging..

Another from moi, not saying its the best but... ;) :lol:

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:23 pm

Another from me, just another warm up act before the main event.. ;) :lol: Car negotiating Surtees before heading out on the GP loop. Probably travelling at around 80mph and accelerating hard at this point. Slow shutter speed to get some motion blur in the background and wheel motion, the professionals make it look so easy. :lol: Bloody difficult to get right.

Loving the lights in the BMW's with the blue crosses.

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:30 am

some nice shots there Mike, mind, not sure that Beemer was as clean as that :lol:

Have to say that this was a 1st for me - moving photography, and I fully underestimated how bloody tricky it is. I disappeared up myself trying to figure out how to get the slowest shutter speed for the shots of the cars head/rear on....
and to make matters worse, i couldn't remember how to get into 1 of the custom settings that would have been a bit easier to work with.

I didn't get to try panning, saving that for another day. And i can totally see how the 'proper' 'tographers spend ages finding the right location and practicing. I opted for mostly auto focus, although tried a few in full manual.

I didn't expect much in the way of pickings - and i wasn't disappointed! Very few that were worth even thinking about saving. The balance between having a decent sized image of a car vs telling the story of where it is on track was a conundrum, and overall the sharpness of the cars isn't what i would want if i were trying again.

Anyway, nowt special, but the pick of my humble attempts.
DTM (1 of 1).jpg

DTM (1 of 1)-3.jpg

DTM (1 of 1)-4.jpg

DTM (1 of 1)-6.jpg

DTM (1 of 1)-7.jpg

DTM (1 of 1)-8.jpg

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:54 pm

Liking the portrait b&w shot, works well. I didn't quite get what I wanted from that viewpoint, didn't think to change to portrait. One to remember for the future.

Should be easier at Septembers event, be more action rather than just moving cars.. with some rubbing, bumping and a few off's at reasonable speeds, adding interest to the shots.

Last couple from moi, a b&w, selective colour and yet another BMW.
Attachments
IMG_9350.jpg
DTM HDR BMW.JPG
B&W BMW.jpg

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:34 pm

Overall, really pleased with the new lens, it's down to me now so no excuses. The quality is potentially there, so I have less incentive to tinker. As Mark says quite a challenge to get a decent shot.. took me over 600 goes!!

Final dregs.. The silver merc is straight from the camera with a light crop to get rid of the tops of spectators heads, adjusted in lightroom using the auto button. I've added a little luminence to the others to make them "pop"a bit as it was a dull day.

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:45 pm

Another quick play and a bit of pop art for the purists.. :D

Club meet tomorrow running on the GP circuit,old and new stuff, probably head up there and have a practice.

Return to “You Went Where ???”