Brands Hatch Classic Sports Car Club meeting

Inspire the rest of us! A place to pop a note / blog of your travels, a short desciption with a photo would be perfect.

Moderator: Contaminated

b33fy

Brands Hatch Classic Sports Car Club meeting

Postby b33fy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:32 pm

Popped up to Brands this afternoon and caught up with Richard, aka Brisky Racing. Great afternoon of racing, one horse tbh :lol: Brisky.. three poles and 2 wins when I left. Got loads of camera practice in.. mixed bag with some candid, arty and action shots, sifting through now and will post up as I go. Decided to keep as close to the original image as possible.

Starter for 10..
Attachments
Brisky Logo.jpg
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

b33fy

Re: Brands Hatch Classic Sports Car Club meeting

Postby b33fy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:36 pm

My Bad, gone grunge on this one.. can't help myself.. I've called it "Broken Tina".. :P

Last edited by b33fy on Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:04 pm

My favourite shot of the day..

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:25 pm

Brisky Racing related images below..

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:00 pm

A few other cars from the day. All a little similar in composition tbh, as I was trying to get the hang of this panning malarkey. Using a 200mm Lens which is a little short given the track position. Pleased with the results though.. Datsun was a lovely looking car.

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:01 pm

some goodshots there mike, sorry couldn't get across to this - looked like a good bag of cars...

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:18 pm

greenwoo wrote:some goodshots there mike, sorry couldn't get across to this - looked like a good bag of cars...

Thanks Mark, I find motorsport the hardest to capture, so I'm really pleased with the results. :)

Off to BTCC at Snetterton in a couple of weeks, thanks to Richard, for more photography practice if I can pull myself away from the hospitality. Should get some real close up stuff with the teams and drivers.

Jays back in the seat in August, Then there is the DTM of course. Have to get that new lens soon me thinks.

Crunchie Gears

Postby Crunchie Gears » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:46 am

Really great shots Mike. :D :D I do like the “B” shot looking down. Did you highjack a cherry picker? 8-) :lol:

Tony C

Postby Tony C » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:02 am

Some great pictures Mike, panning never easy, I just take loads of shots, and don't post up the majority which show half a car, or sometimes none at all :lol:
Tiger Cat E1 - 2008-2009
Tiger R6 - 2009-2014
Austin Healey Sprite - 2014-2018
Fisher Fury Le Mans - 2018-2019

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:56 am

Tony C wrote:Some great pictures Mike, panning never easy, I just take loads of shots, and don't post up the majority which show half a car, or sometimes none at all :lol:

My hit rate was around 1 in 200, down to around 1 in 30 now!! Be nice to get 1in 5 hits before I wear my camera out! Funnily enough I needed a faster shutter speed to improve it. After speaking to a pro at Snetterton a while back, I increased my shutter speed from 1/30 to 1/125, you still get the slight background blur and wheel motion. Changed the auto focus as well. Rather than focusing on a spot and hoping the car hits it. The auto focus now tracks moving objects. I leave the ISO and aperture to do its own thing. I did underexpose the shots by 1/2 a stop, due to the bright conditions.

Return to “You Went Where ???”