Any thoughts on the BP boss

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

daxmatt

Any thoughts on the BP boss

Postby daxmatt » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:08 pm

just curious about any comments on the bp boss,Top marks is my thought on not being bullied by the yanks,whats he supposed to do ........

JamesB

Re: Any thoughts on the BP boss

Postby JamesB » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:32 pm

Too right.
The valve that originaly failed was American made anyway!

Hugh

Postby Hugh » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:53 am

Agree, big respect for not just bowing under pressure from the US. But equally, perhaps a bit silly to be seen doing the round the island race this weekend...

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:13 am

Hugh wrote:perhaps a bit silly to be seen doing the round the island race this weekend...

If I had no-less-a-person than the US President on my case, I'd want a weekend thinking of something else too - I expect he had his mobile with him in case the teams needed him, short of donning a deep-sea diver's suit, what's he supposed to do?

At least he wasn't using any oil in a sailing boat :D

T

greenwood03

Postby greenwood03 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:12 pm

well not totally au fait so not in a position to comment - but heck, that's never stopped me....
i had the impression that he'd been relieved of his job at BP in charge of that dvision/area, so going on his sailing junket, fair play. Especially gievn the roasting that he's had and the overall grief and stress that he must have been under. Read an article a weel back that highlighted that a load of fishermen were being paid $1000 a day by BP in stark contrast to the wages that they were earning before the accident which was far far less.

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”