Moving on Up, Moving on Out

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

Re: Moving on Up, Moving on Out

Postby greenwoo » Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:34 pm

Thx Guys,

yes indeed Richard, the Bentley Gathering was the start of things, albeit sadly some of the local clubs didn't get onboard afterwards.
I guess there's the old adage of the 80:20 rule, where some/many like things laid out on a plate - by the 20%.

I know you had your stint at that with the Dax Owners, and i'd hoped that more clubs such as the Cobra's etc would buy into the 'lets drive' - rather than meeting the same faces in a pub car park. I've always detested those type of meets, as unless the drive 'there' is good, there's ( to me) little point in having an orange juice, seeing the same cars and driving home again. This forum/club, was always about what folks could make of it when introduced to new faces.

On that score i'm so pleased to have met car enthusiasts from across the south east. And yeps, as Steve said, have had some great adventures over the years; In the early days (for me) it was the driving in company, that quickly changed to 'the company & the driving'...with banter being a key ingredient.

This club, collective or whatever else one might call it, is only as strong as the constituents - and their desire to 'get involved'. So I hope that despite the dent that the dreaded social media puts in forums activity - that it will endure. Let's face it, with the forum there'd be no Euro Trips, No Mega Trips, no Welsh Soirees. There should/has to be a place for newbies to find other souls....and hopefully that'll continue.

Right, off soap box and onto another 'Cardi, feel i've earned one.

Oh and yeah, i kind of liked the 'Captain' moniker......perhaps now just in the Reserves as opposed to frontline.

graham b

Postby graham b » Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:19 pm

Mark
My best wishes to you and Sue
For your future, and my grateful thanks for forming skcc.
I have formed some great friendships through your efforts.
Hope the move goes well.
Catch up one day i'm sure.
graham b
Lotus elise
Supercharged.
BBR Mx5
caterham R300
Westfield seiw
Tiger e1

BIOMAN

Postby BIOMAN » Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:33 pm

Hi Mark, it must be a time of mixed emotions for you? You gave Liz and I an intro into the world of Kit Cars. Just over 10 years ago I bought my kit, then realised I'd got few friends and nowhere to go :-(. You will recall I contacted you and received a message back saying I was welcome to join your UK tour. Liz and I did. Only 7 miles from home we met you all at Holme Moss, it was our Genesis into having fun. Thanks Mark, for the fun and to Crunchie, Captain Slow, Steve RST, Robert E, Neil, Phil, Martin, Linda, Kenton, Lee Gav, Tony and all the other fabulous members of the SKCC who've made my life and travels that much more enjoyable. Good luck on your move and stay safe.

Martin S

Postby Martin S » Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:43 pm

Hi Mark, wishing you all the best for the future,, the times I had with my kits (many),,was mad all the more fun with you at the helm,, onwards and upwards my freind

Richard

Postby Richard » Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:51 pm

greenwoo wrote:Thx Guys,
yes indeed Richard, the Bentley Gathering was the start of things, albeit sadly some of the local clubs didn't get onboard afterwards..

Yes I agree but for me the SKCC runs out never were what fitted into my lifestyle even if I wanted to go on at least some - sorry, really. Yes I did run the Dax Rush Owners Club and gave up more that ten years ago because even then I could not get anyone interested in any form of meet usually ending up being the only one to turn up, The DROC still continues albeit with a handful of forum posters. How times have changed for all of us.

Good luck for the future.
Richard.
Dax Rush 5.0l TVR V8, EFI with Megasquirt ECU and wasted spark, Racelogic Traction Control, Quaife LSD. Now with big brother 1973 TR6 being totally body-off restored.

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”