Moving on Up, Moving on Out

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

Moving on Up, Moving on Out

Postby greenwoo » Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:44 pm

Yeps, as many know Sue & I have been looking to move from 7oaks and start a new phase of life 'up country'.

Well, things have progressed - to the point where on the 3rd Nov, we'll no longer be 'Darn Sarf', instead we'll be up in Suffolk. Not sure what we'll do longer term, but for now we are taking a rented house.

Obvs that means joining in with runs will be rare, and an 'proper occasion'....but i hope to be able to take part.

As for the forum, happy to keep on with the Admin etc - unless anyone puts their hand up to take it on.

The last cple of years; covid, lack of a working car - and then this year, prepping for the move has taken me away from what i loved; the cameraderie and the banter of meeting you guys. I've posted a run for the 23rd of Oct, and be nice to see anyone that can make it before we head off to pastures new.

The realization of the move is just sinking in; had to tell my close pals yesterday about the fact that we're off, and found myself with a lump in my throat ( luckily i was able to overcome that with a few more pints and a shedload of large bacardi's).

Thx for the fun, miles of smiles and friendship :D :D :D :D

locost220

Re: Moving on Up, Moving on Out

Postby locost220 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:25 pm

Certainly get my name down for next weekend mate, must be a tough wrench, be tough to see you move but it the next chapter.
Hopefully we can consolidate on a few more road trips yet.
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:33 am

End of an era mate, what memories we’ve had!!

Hopefully see you next weekend….

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:26 am

Well done, congratulations, good luck and safe journeys!!

Have a great run on the 23rd, if you are going via the Scottish borders I’ll join you for brekky! :lol:
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:43 am

It will certainly be the end of an era, I hope the move goes well!

It will be a long way for you to join a run, but maybe we could venture north like we used to.

Good of you to volunteer to keep the site going, I could possibly take it on if you let me know what is involved.

I will be there next weekend, rain or shine.

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:30 pm

It will be a sad Sunday run next week Mark, an end of an error. The Sundays are not quite the same with out your Captain at the helm.
Hope everything goes well for you and the good lady, hopefully you will keep in touch either on the forum or through whatsapp,
As Duncan said, we could make a run up Norf at some stage.
See you next weekend
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:40 pm

cheers Guys,
I honestly don't know how things will shake out. Probs sounds selfish, but instead of being 10 miles away from my parents we'll be 100 miles away.

So i can envisage cicrumstances where I may well pop down, see them, stay over and catch up with 'life down here' - including cars!

Hammy

Postby Hammy » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:54 am

Blimey, the Captain is off!! Thanks for all youve done for the club, I for one have met some great people and had some good laughs way out west!

All the best Mark!

Richard

Postby Richard » Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:42 pm

It seems a very long time ago that we met at Bentley's Motor Museum and Wildfowl Trust when, I think your idea for SKCC just got started.

Really hope it all goes well for you.

Richard.
Richard.
Dax Rush 5.0l TVR V8, EFI with Megasquirt ECU and wasted spark, Racelogic Traction Control, Quaife LSD. Now with big brother 1973 TR6 being totally body-off restored.

SteveRST

Postby SteveRST » Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:00 am

What?! The SKCC's founding father leaving the fold? Congrats Mark on getting the house sold, and the very best of luck to you and Sue as you embark on the next chapter together.

I, for one, have had plenty of fun adventures, great times, and met some fantastic friends over the last 10 years, all thanks to the SKCC and this forum that you created. You've run a tight ship Cap'n.

Count me in for the Sunday run and catch up, and looking forward to seeing you at some future SKCC escapades!

Steve
Westfield Zetec turbo & Westfield Megabusa turbo

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”