Covid Jab

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

SJLB

Covid Jab

Postby SJLB » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:07 pm

Anyone else had their jab yet? I had mine at the weekend, my heart history put me well up the queue. I had the Oxford jab at 4pm on Sunday, just about made it to work the next day and went home to bed by Monday lunchtime. I felt fine the next day but was really surprised how it knocked me for six! So if any of you have the Oxford jab don't plan anything for the day after.
Steve
Westfield Megabusa, Bromley, Kent.

b33fy

Re: Covid Jab

Postby b33fy » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:44 pm

Nice one Steve, Swmbo had hers a while ago, (Astra) as she’s gone back to work (qualified nurse,NHS) She didn’t feel so great initially like yourself but it soon improved. Pleased it’s happening at least for peace of mind. Not sure what group I’m in, not in the NHS currently so have to wait until the over 55’ get a go.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

locost220

Postby locost220 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:10 pm

Been called for mine tomorrow and partner had hers with her daughter yesterday, not sure why called so early as me and partner are 54 and step daughter is 26.
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Green Indy

Postby Green Indy » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:31 pm

Had mine this afternoon, but at the age of 56 it was a bit strange to get the call so early. I just thought they must have been doing well in our area, but later found out there has been a glitch in the system and my age group was called too soon!

Anyway, so far no problems (Pfizer Biontec), so hopefully will still be OK tomorrow

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:32 pm

As I'm working in a high risk profession, I had the Pfizer one a month ago. No ill effects.

This Monday, my wife had the Oxford one, had a bad night, and it knocked her out for about 48 hours. Still better than having Covid though.

Larkingabout

Postby Larkingabout » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:41 pm

Yes both Jill and I have had ours, mine on the 15th January and Jill last week. I only got mine early as my new role in life is considered “frontline”. Both had the Pfizer jab and no real side effects. Just glad to have had a jab and roll on the end of lockdown.
James
The man in the Red Coat

leegav

Postby leegav » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:02 pm

No where near mine yet... Must be much younger than you lot :lol:
Say NO to Pheasants !!! Body count = 3
Say NO to Blackbirds !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Marmots !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Squirrels!!! Body count = 1

davehall

Postby davehall » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:09 am

Had mine last Tuesday. Oxford/AstraZeneca. As expected after the over 70’s were done as I’m obviously officially “old”!

Rubbish night Tuesday, Wednesday a complete right off. Just tired Thursday and Friday but all good now. Much rather that little bit of feeling rough than getting Covid.
Westfield SEiW 1.8 Zetec, Jenveys, Omex

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”