Where would they film car chases these days?

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

Where would they film car chases these days?

Postby greenwoo » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:53 am

For my sins i've been burning the midnight oil as have been working on some US based assignments, so come midnight i get to relax. With a dearth of easy to watch progs i resorted to watching a few episodes of the Sweeney.

Which made me pause for a moment. All those derelict sites - wasteground, disused factories etc. ....perfect back then for all the car chases. So where the heck would they film that kind of show nowadays?

Rhetorical question really - was just musing how much has changed over the past 40 odd years, where a scrap of land 'darn sarf' is worth a fortune, if you can find one.
Brownfield sites quickly developed, farm buildings easily converted to houses......

b33fy

Re: Where would they film car chases these days?

Postby b33fy » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:07 pm

The arsehole of Kent was used in the film and the Top Gear “sketch” I assume chosen to manage the numbers and assist the cull of inbreds.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

greenwoo
Site Admin

Re: Where would they film car chases these days?

Postby greenwoo » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:04 am

chosen to manage the numbers and assist the cull of inbreds.

I wish you wouldn't sit on the fence Mike, getting an opinion from you is like pulling teeth :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”