Serious Headlines which somehow aren't!

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

Serious Headlines which somehow aren't!

Postby greenwoo » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:00 am

I guess most of us are blessed or cursed with News Feeds on our mobile devices...
I'm a late bloomer when it comes to stuff like that on my phone as err, i tend to use it as a phone.
But occasionally i'll delve into the News Feed which of course thanks to Big Brother is tailor made for my interests ( yeah right ).

Umpteen times there's a sensational headline, which hints at something , only to read it to find that things are quite as erm 'sensational'.

But this one tonight has tickled me, for all the wrong reasons.

'Full UK Lockdown to be announced in a bid to save Xmas'

For some reason I immediately thought of Mcauly Culkin and Home Alone. Then I wondered what the statistics would truly be based on;
who gives a toss about xmas apart from
a/ kids from 3 yrs old to 13yrs old
b/ those who are genuinely religious (of the xmas is relevant persuasion).

And yes, i don't mind generally doing the 'get together' stuff that families do, but taking into account a/ & b/ above to my mind, doesnt matter whether that's in Dec or March....

I know i'm a tad black and white ( if that's an allowable expression these days )...but really; ' in a bid to save xmas' ?

writing this, i can only assume that the headline is designed to shock some folks into being a tad more careful/considerate and thus help reduce the Stats...
which brings me back to my personalized news feed; clearly the algorithm hasn't worked out that Xmas doesn't feature that heavily in my world.

Now if the headline in my feed was ' National Lockdown Imminent so that we can get back to normal and go to the boozer without masks/stay there til we fall over/get a dodgy takeaway at 1am/get a bit messed up and decide to head to a 'gentlemans bar'....yep i can see the appeal!

(in case i portray the wrong impression; yep have done the mask thing since before it was mandatory, and have washed my hands more than a OCD freak on speed).

b33fy

Re: Serious Headlines which somehow aren't!

Postby b33fy » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:07 pm

Yeh, what a crock of.. couldn’t give a fiddlers fook for xmas, lock down over xmas good for me, valid excuse not to go see sister on Boxing Day for the “token bullshit get together” to eat her xmas left overs and talk shite, even her husband didn’t turn up, he pissed off to the football at Arsenal.. Best thing I did last year, was disappear to Scotland and help out at the Salvation Army dishing out xmas diners.

Not into playing once a year happy families with people you you wouldn’t choose to be friends with, rather be with genuine sincere people, giving something meaningful back.

Rant over lol.

Not that I need an excuse
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Flyingtiger

Re: Serious Headlines which somehow aren't!

Postby Flyingtiger » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:12 pm

greenwoo wrote:(in case i portray the wrong impression; yep have done the mask thing since before it was mandatory, and have washed my hands more than a OCD freak on speed).

Nope - got the right impression me thinks:

"get a bit messed up and decide to head to a 'gentlemans bar'....yep i can see the appeal!" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tiger Supercat 2.0 Zetec.

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”