Not me it's the Missus....

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

Re: Not me it's the Missus....

Postby greenwoo » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:28 pm

thx Guys.
Latest is that they finally did the Op this afternoon, hoping she may come out tomorrow.

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:36 pm

greenwoo wrote:thx Guys.
Latest is that they finally did the Op this afternoon, hoping she may come out tomorrow.

I'm glad they've got it done, but it must have seemed a very long wait! I hope you luck changes very soon.

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:18 pm

thx Guys.

Some good news at last Mark, fingers crossed Sue gets everything sorted very soon.
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

Flyingtiger

Postby Flyingtiger » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:04 am

Christ Mark, I'm getting too scared to logon to the forum these days!

Really sorry to hear of the woes continuing, fingers crossed that is the end of it.

Hope the recovery goes well.
Tiger Supercat 2.0 Zetec.

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:27 pm

thanks Mike ( and all )....

She came home on Weds night. I swear you couldnt make this all up, a decent comedian could turn it into a god routine/sketch.
Told her at 2pm that she would be released that afternoon....
had to wait understandably for Meds to be dispensed and to see a physio ( no idea bout that as she can't move the leg). Anyway i figured as i hadnt heard by 4.30 that her release must be soon...

Guessing that she'd want to be home as fast as poss, I drove over and waited. And waited a bit more. And a bit more.
After 3 false starts 'I'm coming down from the ward in 5'....they brought to the entrance at a tad after 7pm.

The nurse, no doubt great at what she does...was less 'great' when it came to cars.
Bearing in mind they'd wheeled her down in a chair, with her leg straight out ( as its braced straight), the Nurse mused that it 'might be difficult to get her in the front', as the dash would probably be too close to get her leg in.
No poop sherlock.
Over the years i've traveled in a fair number of big cars - fair to say among all those there wasn't one i can recollect where anyone could get in the front seat with a straight leg.

The solution was of course obvious ( to them) 'Put her on the back seat lying down'
FFS, that's safe and secure then!
'The porter will come back straightaway with a walking frame/commode etc'

Did he hell. The pillock disappeared. 2 calls to the ward and 45mins after we'd crammed he onto the back seat the gear arrived....left there at gone 8.

Oh and the small matter of the Meds. After being on some strain of morphine for 5 days, they decide that they'd pack her off with some paracetamol...well til she argued and called for a Dr to explain why that could be right. At which point the Doc agreed and gave her some stronger gear which just about does the job.

Anyway.....she's back, and at the moment 'ok', i suspect that boredom will start to set in this coming week; Hopping supervised to the lounge once a day for a few hours sitting and spending the rest of the time immobile in bed would grate on a Saint....luckily the fastest way to the lounge from the bedroom doesn't involve the kitchen or family room, otherwise i'm sure my tidying skills might be marked down a tad! ( thank goodness we live in a bungalow)...

Back to Hosp 1st wk of Nov, no idea what comes then, hoping that they change the position of the brace so her leg is slightly bent as that'd make getting around a tad easier.

thanks one and all for the kind messages which i've passed on...

Phil N

Postby Phil N » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:19 am

Jeez mark only just read this, as if this year could've got any worse for her! Wish her well with the recovery and send her our love please, I'll bell you soon.
As for 999 don't bother, I had clearly broken my ankle and was 1/4 mile out in poole harbour with a fast rising tide and they told my mate not to move me and to stay where we were but the ambulance would be between 1.5 & 2 hours (by which time I would've drowned :lol: :lol: ), as for medicine read about the side affects as I got addicted to codine and it was an awful experience trying to coming off them. :shock:
9 is more than a number

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:04 pm

That's good new she is home Mark.
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:37 pm

well for a change some good'ish news....
after a degree of chasing, seems that Mrs is due some home care. Not sure how often/handy that'll be, but hopefully that'll free up a bit of time my side.

Seems that houseplants need watering regularly - who knew!

Tony C

Postby Tony C » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:13 am

Hi Mark, Sounds awful, I'm pleased to hear Mrs G is on the mend. I'm a bit late to your news as I don't log on that often now my garage is full of junk rather than a car...I hope all goes well and the houseplants survive too.
Tiger Cat E1 - 2008-2009
Tiger R6 - 2009-2014
Austin Healey Sprite - 2014-2018
Fisher Fury Le Mans - 2018-2019

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:14 am

I ought to put this latest entry in the 'Friday Funnies' section, but as we don't have a Friday Funnies section - its going here.

So the cracker these last days is home help - or whatever the exact title is; Basically someone coming over daily to make sure Mrs G is ok/wash her etc.
Tuesday (1st day) - no show
Weds (2nd day) - no show
Thurs - 2 arrive. 'No we can't get you into the bathroom to wash your hair, as we're not allowed to pick anything up ( shes got an alli NHS seat/commode thing which weighs about 2 bags of sugar)....'oh really? what happens if i fall over' - ' err we wont be allowed to pick you up'
'Don't shut the porch door, cos then no one can get in as clearly 'i can't get out of bed'
'ring ring......Hello Mrs....i left my jacket in your room and i shut the porch door and i can't get back in' ...FFS
Friday...'no, i can't help move you, i've got a bad leg'.....( who took the don't shut the front porch to a new level by leaving that and the main front door wide open )

Interspersed with calls to book transport to take her to a follow up Appointment this coming Thurs. 3 days of calling, today finally gets through....'oh we can't book that this early, give us a call 48hrs before and we'll see what we can do and whether we can get you picked up'.

Gotta smile.
So, putting the car search on hold, and currently looking for an ambulance.....(or an ice cream van, similar size, and might turn a pound or two outside the main entrance)

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”