Not me it's the Missus....

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

Not me it's the Missus....

Postby greenwoo » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:46 pm

Some of you know Mrs G and her tribulations with the eye malarky and more recently broken fingers debacle.
We're both grateful when those that do know, ask or check in to erm 'see' how things are going....

I think she's connected to a few of you via faceache, hence this little update. Her luck hasn't gotten any better.
On Friday when we were walking the dogs one of them accidentally clipped her when chasing one of the others.

I didn't think too much of it for about 1 second...the second that it took for her to hit the ground and start screaming.

Very long story short ( the long story will have me mouthing off about f*king useless 999 service and the like).....anyway, short story. Broken knee, in Hosp since Friday awaiting it to be operated on and I gather will have a plate fitted.

Given that she's been dosed up with morphine and goodness knows what else conversations of the lucid kind are somewhat lacking. But appears that they'll maybe operate tomorrow, or possibly Tues or.....who knows!
So if by chance you're connected on fbook or whatever else, am sure she'd welcome a message.

Sod it...you're getting the long story. which aside from the seriousness of the injury would in some ways be amusing.
So top tip, if you need an ambulance, i suggest telling them you've just been shot, or something that paints a very clear picture in their minds....

Our lovely helpful call centre lady became (imho) less interested when i said there was no blood.
'how's her ankle look'
( err it's her knee that seems to be the problem and she's wearing wellies)
' can you take the boot off'
(no, she's in agony i can't get within 50 yards of her without her screaming)
' where are you'
(xzy in the middle of a field)
' i can't find that road'
( well it exists and it goes between z&y)
'whats the nearest house number)
(i did say WE'RE IN A FIELD - but to make it simple 1.5 miles from the bottom of the road, there's a green pair of metal gates, we're in there)
'you say she's in some discomfort'
(can't you hear the screaming??)
'sorry Sir, we're very busy right now, and won't be able to send an ambulance'
( oh right shall i try and order a taxi then, to come to the field with a stretcher)
'no need to be like that, i can get a paramedic to call you.
(to call me or come out)
call obviously, i said we're very busy
brrrrrrr ( hung up and started calling local mates )
'ring ring' -we got cut off'
(no, i hung up as you're wasting my time, i need to solve this quick)
do you want a call from a paramedic
(ok, thx but let me get on with trying to find a way out of this situation)

the paramedic called approx 1 hr later.....unreal.

by then....a pal came with an estate car and with our eardrums shattered by her screams we got her into a wheelbarrow and 300-400ft to the car took us about 20mins....any movement of the leg by more than a gnats cock resulted in more screaming.
Getting her into the car - estate with seats folder flat was another 20 mins with the help of another pals Mrs who was driving past and another kind soul who stopped.
(one builder type twat stopped, asked if everyone was alright, then declined to help suggesting; 'get a fooking ambulance, i'm not touching anyone with this covid poop happening; Hope i run into him literally down the lanes)

My pal drove her to Hosp, i had to walk the dogs home and grab a car and try to catch up. Bit of a drama, and still can't believe that such a glancing blow or the fal onto soft flat grass could cause that damage.

A fucker of an end to the week, and the icing on the cake for her; was due to go to Hosp for her hand this Tues, obvs cancelled, and was due to go to Moorfields for another eye consultation in 10 days...obvs cancelled.
I might start doing the lottery on her behalf, cos at some stage her lucks gotta change.....

right, i need a drink!

nelmo

Re: Not me it's the Missus....

Postby nelmo » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:21 pm

Jesus, that's horrendous Mark, really sorry for what you and your wife are going through... :(

Yeah, deffo a lottery ticket - it's got to get better...

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:36 am

Jees - hopefully that's the "3" over and done with now.

What wankers at the 999 service. A couple of years ago i was visiting someone in Uckfield when the house at the end of the road caught fire from a dodgy barbecue (I hadn't touched it!), literally an inferno, the 999 advisor insisted that she thought it was the shed on fire and not the house and sent a fir "inspector" rather than the engines - unfortunately when the inspector arrived the house was just a pile of shouldering debris surrounded by exhausted neighbours that had tried their best!

Wish her well from me and Mrs T - hopefully it mends as soon as possible!

locost220

Postby locost220 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:45 am

Really sorry to hear the news along with what gone on over the past two years.
Hope things improve
Rich.
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:11 am

cheers guys, will pass your thoughts along :)

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:14 pm

Bloody hell, that was a nightmare for you both :(

I hope they fix her knee and get her out of pain as soon as possible! As you say, surely she is due a change of luck soon.

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:23 pm

Sorry to read this Mark, as others, fingers crossed for a speedy recovery and better times.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

SteveRST

Postby SteveRST » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:12 pm

Real poop news Mark :(
Sounds like she was just incredibly unlucky to have fallen awkwardly and sustained an injury like that. Not had much luck lately, and I didn't even know about the broken fingers.

I wish Sue a swift recovery.
Westfield Zetec turbo & Westfield Megabusa turbo

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:30 pm

WTF so sorry to here this Mark, just cant believe her luck over the past couple of years, please send Sue our very best and fingers crossed you get all the issues sorted very soon.

Colin and Sue
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

Matth93

Postby Matth93 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:41 pm

Sorry to hear this. I hope she has a speedy recovery and her luck changes very soon

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”