Ooni Pizza Oven

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

b33fy

Ooni Pizza Oven

Postby b33fy » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:31 pm

A few people have said how great Ooni ovens are and I’ve been toying with the idea of a pizza oven for a good while, so hit the buy button on one. Bit of a delay with back orders etc but turned up a few days ago. Gone for a gas burner though it will go on wood and charcoal.

A couple of first efforts below, garlic bread and a margherita . I must say I am impressed, though a bit on the expensive side, it takes pizzas to a whole new level. Someone described it as a game changer, I would agree.
Attachments
3F8D6AD3-7F20-45D4-B8DB-556AA5622909.jpeg
8482A9DB-0CD0-419D-9A8B-7187C33BBE92.jpeg
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

greenwoo
Site Admin

Re: Ooni Pizza Oven

Postby greenwoo » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:38 pm

Coincidence that you posted this up Mike. Have seen folks rave elsewhere about the joys of homemade pizza.....
( did you make your own dough?)

by chance i was down at the local forge today and happened to spy a 300mmx15mm steel 'round'....2 questions later, i'd nabbed it for a princely £15. My new pizza 'stone' for the egg type bbq.
just waiting for him to clean it for me, and will likely have a bash at the weekend....

Jasonmpk

Postby Jasonmpk » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:17 pm

Well done guys, my missus keeps saying she wants an outdoor pizza oven, but so far I've escaped that over priced garden 'statue' . I've called it that as i can't see why we should have one since our son moved out last year so we don't eat pizza's very often now and he buys 'take aways' weekly with his fellow house mates.

Jason

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:25 pm

greenwoo wrote:Coincidence that you posted this up Mike. Have seen folks rave elsewhere about the joys of homemade pizza.....
( did you make your own dough?)

by chance i was down at the local forge today and happened to spy a 300mmx15mm steel 'round'....2 questions later, i'd nabbed it for a princely £15. My new pizza 'stone' for the egg type bbq.
just waiting for him to clean it for me, and will likely have a bash at the weekend....

Yeh, usual recipe using strong white flour. Got some proving trays which means it can be portioned up and left to develop a nice flavour. Easier to store in the fridge and roll out if portioned as well. I roll it out using semolina flour (not the pudding type)

I use 00 flour for pasta, apparently it’s the flour of choice for Neopolitan pizza might try it just to compare.

@Jason. If you eat pizza regularly the Ooni is worth it, also portable etc. If you don’t eat it regularly you soon will. I thought I made a half decent pizza in the domestic oven.. even using exactly the same ingredients, the Ooni elevates it to another world.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”