How did old Fred manage ?

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

How did old Fred manage ?

Postby greenwoo » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:52 pm

We've all seen the documentaries, or maybe even had relatives like 'Fred'.....Fred's the bloke who worked 364 days a year and had a half day off on Xmas Day.

What I want to know is, how the hell did Fred keep on top of anything else ( and I don't mean Mavis ).
Gardening, no sooner is it tidy and the tools put away than the lawn needs a cut, the laurels have sprouted another foot, the trees need a prune and that's without the weeds which genetically have learned to grow twice as fast as anything else that's green.

Paint the fence, do the gutters, clean the patio - rinse and repeat.

I need a few pints of whatever Fred drank!

and yes....i have been diy'ing/tidying up and clearly am grouchier than normal! What a stupid idea to tidy up the normal home for the Tiger and another outbuilding; so as to create an extra garage for the Saab for winter.
Hey ho, better get back to sticking shelves up and painting walls.....urgh, then again, a pint seems like a great idea.

b33fy

Re: How did old Fred manage ?

Postby b33fy » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:42 pm

greenwoo wrote:Paint the fence, do the gutters, clean the patio - rinse and repeat.

Yeh, then you die. :lol:
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:07 am

Yeh, then you die.

haha, i was hoping to finish the chores before then to get my peace......

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:08 pm

As you say Mark.
I use to make lists so I new what I needed to do but it seems it all needs doing. So every weekend is the same as the last. There is always DIY to be done, well I don't think there is but the good lady seems to find some. Cut the grass, DIY, do the washing, DIY, paint the fence, DIY. And repeat, well not paint the fence of course but you get my drift.
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:11 pm

I’ve been working on the garden over lockdown and some more to make it low maintenance, it’s as bare as fook now. Just a quick strim and mow which takes James about an hour. Job done.

4 more long life led brick lights to install around the patio, upvc fascia around the kitchen extension and marine paint on the summer house then all done. Inside next then the front. Sell then buy another shithole and start again..
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:44 pm

to make it low maintenance, it’s as bare as fook now

Yep, maybe i need to concrete the lot, paint it green and replace the trees n shrubs with fakes :D

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:47 pm

greenwoo wrote:
to make it low maintenance, it’s as bare as fook now

Yep, maybe i need to concrete the lot, paint it green and replace the trees n shrubs with fakes :D

Or get some goats. Got some hens coming.. brexit panic buy :lol: they’ll finish off my lawn.

Phil N

Postby Phil N » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:30 am

Fred didn’t have the Internet.
9 is more than a number

Tony C

Postby Tony C » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:39 pm

Mark, For the garden I'd recommend ripping up the lawn and seeding with a wildflower meadow mix, needs cutting once a year; https://wildseed.co.uk/ As for weeds a good ground cover plant like Ajuga should smother them. Can't help with the gutters........
Tiger Cat E1 - 2008-2009
Tiger R6 - 2009-2014
Austin Healey Sprite - 2014-2018
Fisher Fury Le Mans - 2018-2019

Tony C

Postby Tony C » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:39 pm

Mark, For the garden I'd recommend ripping up the lawn and seeding with a wildflower meadow mix, needs cutting once a year; https://wildseed.co.uk/ As for weeds a good ground cover plant like Ajuga should smother them. Can't help with the gutters........
Tiger Cat E1 - 2008-2009
Tiger R6 - 2009-2014
Austin Healey Sprite - 2014-2018
Fisher Fury Le Mans - 2018-2019

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”