What could possibly go wrong?

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

Re: What could possibly go wrong?

Postby greenwoo » Thu May 14, 2020 9:05 pm

haha, i think that one T, i mean, in comparison to a chainsaw in a pond and a fork for good measure - a little battery would seem fairly innocent :lol: :lol: :lol:

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Thu May 14, 2020 9:20 pm

oh forgot to update......
liner = bought some sticky tape stuff which seems like black magic as it supposedly will stick even when applied under water ( not that my hole if you'll forgive the expression is under water)....

chainsaw - mm havent cleaned it yet, but have chewed through the 2 crappy butter chains that it came with. More on order....but have a decision to make.
Have got to the point where the roots are now disappearing behind rocks/stones, or tucked away between the rocks. Not sure i can get much more out without likely chewing through umpteen more chains/liner/me.
So am tempted to not do much more with them, and hope that they rot.

Had a cunning plan to jetwash them out - after all that thing blows lumps out the mortar on the patio, so what resistance can a weedy weed put up......err, quite a lot as it happens. Tried that and it was a fail.

Waiting for a fishing net to arrive ( a proper one not a kiddies version )...so i can 'dredge' the bottom of leaves n crud. Downside is that i dont really want to turn on the big pumps that push the water to the top of the stream/filters as they cost a bomb in elec.....so guess will have to buy another filter and wire it near the pond and switch the big boys on 'for show' every now and again.

Mind you, the rest of the stream, well much of it also needs 'weeding' - Mrs proudly showed me her efforts - which was to cut anything that looked dead down below the level of the sides.....great when viewing it from the patio, bugger all use when anywhere near it.
She's created the stream version of the '10ft car'...( looks great from 10ft ).

And with logic that only a woman could argue.......deposited 20 wheelbarrows of matted weeds from the pond - NEXT to the bonfire area, so it'll need to be moved again. 'Well, it would have been tricky moving it to the fire area, anyway, you get all the easy jobs and i get to clear up.'

Yeah that's right luv, playing with a chainsaw in a pond for 3 days is away more tricky than taking a wheelbarrow 100ft and dumping it in the right place.

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Fri May 15, 2020 7:25 am

Come on Mark that's a little unfair on the good lady, she's only trying to help ;) :lol:
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Mon May 18, 2020 10:33 am

Mark perhaps the Mrs thought in moving the weeds again you’d help aerate them and to therefore continue to assist with the drying process which would allow for a better burn, less smoke and happier neighbours? :lol:

You’ve really made me laugh with all your “DIY goings on” Mark.

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Mon May 18, 2020 11:33 am

Women’s logic... an oxymoron if ever I heard one.

What is it with women and random garden waste dumping.. Saturday wife says “I’m getting out in the garden and filling the garden waste bin, as it’s being collected Monday.”

“That’s fine, as I said before, leave space for grass cuttings as I’ll be cutting the grass”

“Yeh alright”

“Don’t half finish the job either and leave piles of sh1te dotted around the garden”

She gets the hump and doesn’t bother. Sunday comes along and similar conversation. I relent and said “fill the bin up, I’ll cut the grass Monday when it’s emptied”

Monday comes.. today in-fact , conversation this morning. “did they empty the bin this morning?”

“I got the days wrong , they emptied recycling today”

ffs, I fooking give up..
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Mon May 18, 2020 1:29 pm

a better burn, less smoke and happier neighbours?

Strangely enough that thought wouldn't enter my head, and long as wind is blowing the right way, don't think it would occur to Mrs either ...

The pond and I are having a Mexican stand off.....both glaring at each other and refusing to blink, nor budge an inch.
It did strike me that I could have saved all the grief by 'finding' a human bone adjacent and getting the Police round for a bit of 'landscape' gardening.

Having run through a mental checklist of other possible power tools/accessories to 'Beat Da Pond', am fast running out of ideas. The only ones that might be worth a try is a steel brush on a drill. Oh wait, electric and water.......nah, should be fine, i'll wear wellies 'in case'.

Tony C

Postby Tony C » Mon May 18, 2020 2:58 pm

Re the use of drills in close proximity to water, aside from not dropping it in the water, please be aware that if held close to the surface of the water the internal fan on the motor spindle will throw up a lot of water too. Hypothetically this might happen if drilling an overflow hole in an almost full water butt from the inside due to access constraints, but as I say this is purely hypothetical..... :oops:
Tiger Cat E1 - 2008-2009
Tiger R6 - 2009-2014
Austin Healey Sprite - 2014-2018
Fisher Fury Le Mans - 2018-2019

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Mon May 18, 2020 4:33 pm

:lol:

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”