Coronavirus run outs

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

Wingco

Re: Coronavirus run outs

Postby Wingco » Mon May 11, 2020 8:13 pm

I think my first run out will be to Bexhill, sit on the wall over looking the sea, might even take a flask of coffee with me. Tbh im only going to Bexhill because my son lives there with his girlfriend and I haven't seen them since lock down.
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

nelmo

Postby nelmo » Mon May 11, 2020 10:00 pm

danno wrote:Can someone help me getting an ITN into Waze or Google Maps? Or basically on my phone as I don't have Sat Nav.

I'd suggest you buy a sat-nav for your phone (they're peanuts these days) - you can download Google maps for an area you're going too but if you buy an app, the maps are on your device permanently and work offline - I think the Google navigation needs a data connection (may be wrong), which you may not get in some of the remote places we end up :D

Try a search - there was a long thread not too long ago on the merits of different sat-navs. Personally, if you have a reasonably new smartphone, pay £25 for CoPilot - one-off payment (none of this stupid annual/monthly payments), maps for the WHOLE world and I still get regular map updates, even though I bought mine about 8 years ago now (although I paid £35 and only got EU maps)!

Green Indy

Postby Green Indy » Tue May 12, 2020 5:04 pm

So what do you reckon? tomorrow's the day?

I think I'm going for a drive even if it's just a few miles to then do some "exercise"

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Tue May 12, 2020 6:02 pm

Green Indy
I think I'm going for a drive even if it's just a few miles to then do some "exercise"

My thinking as well, it doesn't say anything about what type of vehicle ? I does say you can travel for exercise.

Colin P

Postby Colin P » Tue May 12, 2020 6:12 pm

The guidelines published today say that from Wednesday

The reasons you may leave home include:
- for work, where you cannot work from home
- going to shops that are permitted to be open - to get things like food and medicine
- to exercise or spend time outdoors

... so we don't have to pretend we're going to "exercise" ... we can just be "spending time outdoors"! :D

.. the above is the good point. Unfortunately it also says ...

You can meet one other person from outside your household if you are outdoors. Public gatherings of more than 2 people from different households are prohibited in law. There are no limits on gatherings in the park with members of your household.

.. which means that we'll have to do a a "Noah's ark approach" to any blat i.e. a number of pairs that just happen to be following the same route!

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Tue May 12, 2020 8:09 pm

You put it much better than me Colin, all sounds good.

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Tue May 12, 2020 8:18 pm

Sounds good to me Colin :)

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Thu May 14, 2020 3:45 pm

I had my first really good run out the year this morning. I decided to get my MOT done at Snodhurst Garage (despite the extra 6 months as it's a good time of year for me to do it) and the roads were pretty empty and the weather cold but dry (mostly). 100 miles round trip..............Fantastic :mrgreen:

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Thu May 14, 2020 4:18 pm

Good for you Duncan, I bet that felt good.

Rickyrjb

Postby Rickyrjb » Thu May 14, 2020 5:41 pm

Today was my day, decided as I had a job delayed I would go out for a drive.
Got about 2miles and 110 deg on the temp gauge. Then remembered I didn’t swap the VDO temp sender over when I did the engine swap so think it’s just a compatibility problem.
Back to the garage, check the temp with an infrared thing and 94 deg so all good (Zetec)

Back out again and this time a nice little 30 miles around woodchurch and appledoor. Good to get out but did notice I have a front wheel bearing loose so back to the garage for a Friday night fiddle.
Looking forward to our first meet up
Westfield SEight V8

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”