Coronavirus run outs

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

DJ.

Re: Coronavirus run outs

Postby DJ. » Thu May 14, 2020 6:13 pm

Well done, yes we're all desperate for a run out. I was reading advice to motorcyclists on Facebook and they're advising no to be seen out in groups yet :(

danno

Postby danno » Fri May 15, 2020 1:06 pm

20200514_165323.jpg

So I made it out for a 100miler.

Thanks to Mark for the ITN files which I converted into TRP files on CoPilot and had on my old phone velcro'd to the centre of my steering wheel. Epic run out....

20200515_141116.jpg

So I wonder if we can now start venturing out in pairs, or as someone suggested, groups of pairs????

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sat May 16, 2020 2:28 pm

Well if 'we' do, i hope that we present a more sensible 'front' that what i've seen today...

seems like we've gone from semi sensible to full on stupid in a few days...
popped to the local Pet@Home for dog food, the whole car park was rammed as the world and his wife queued for Homebase.
Drove past a garden centre - rammed
cars in Eynsford village and folks wandering like a normal summers day
cyclists down the lane 2 abreast as they approached us walking the dogs - apparently that's 'fine'
group of motorbikes parked down the lane - none social distancing as they'd pulled over for a Tony stop and natter
local helicopter club, folks rubbing shoulders with each other

spoke to a pal yesterday whos working up in London, apparently social distancing on the tube etc doesnt exist.

FFS, if we don't see another 'spike' in infections it'll be a minor miracle.

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Sat May 16, 2020 2:54 pm

We went for a walk on Ashdown Forest, because there are wide paths. The car parks were busy, but people had spread out sensibly. We did see one group of 8 or 9 people who were obviously two family groups meeting up.

I think I will go for a solo run tomorrow morning. I thought about organising a run, but I think its better to let things settle down first. I know we don't want a big group, so I thought we could have one route and two or three start/finish points so a couple of cars could start together at each point. Of course we'd never see the others, so it occurred to me that the groups could travel in opposite directions. That would liven up the run, knowing you'd have SKCC members coming the other way :)

It might slow us down on the single track roads though :shock:

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sat May 16, 2020 3:34 pm

Social behaviour not good but to be expected. Unfortunately it’s a big factor in contributing to a second wave of infections, which is likely to be worse than we’ve just experienced, come September/October.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Tony C

Postby Tony C » Sat May 16, 2020 7:03 pm

This has all the prospects of being a right mess, those with half a brain think it's over, tw#ts.
Tiger Cat E1 - 2008-2009
Tiger R6 - 2009-2014
Austin Healey Sprite - 2014-2018
Fisher Fury Le Mans - 2018-2019

kenton

Postby kenton » Sat May 16, 2020 9:17 pm

Went out for a run down to the coast today, just wanted to check all was well with the car before a blast round the Lyd ring in the morning.
I'm sure we could go out in small groups, might just have to go home hungry though.

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Sun May 17, 2020 5:27 am

kenton wrote:Went out for a run down to the coast today, just wanted to check all was well with the car before a blast round the Lyd ring in the morning.
I'm sure we could go out in small groups, might just have to go home hungry though.

That’s strange, I’m planning a quick test round the Lydd ring this morning too - I might see you there ;)

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”